Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas 3rd Nov 2012 ¿The Campest Transatlantic Ever?

Dorothy's Friend

Gordon what an exciting week you have had fingers crossed Irene doesn't do as much damage as predicted stay safe :)

Thanks, Matthew, made it through fine. As storms go, here in DC it wasn't much, just rain and some high winds that knocked over some trees, and of course lots of people without power. But oh my, those poor people in New England, have you ever seen such flooding - that's something that we here in the States usually see happening to folks in other countries....like f'r instance California.... Seriously, very sobering, especially for those of us who've been to those places.

Hope everyone's well. I see some of us will be sailing away on other voyages pretty soon... :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK....let's review again.....

As of today, this thread has been viewed exactly 1,000 times, but only a couple dozen posts??

C'mon folks, we know you're out there!! ;) Book this cruise and join us!

Meanwhile, let's bump this thread onto the first page....

As of today, this thread has been viewed exactly 1,000 times, but only a couple dozen posts??

Hi Gordon I'm still here just really busy with work as peak holiday season has just ended in the UK and as I'm a Team Manager in complaints we are really busy but will try and post a bit more often :D

Hope everyone is well

Hi Gordon I'm still here just really busy with work as peak holiday season has just ended in the UK and as I'm a Team Manager in complaints we are really busy but will try and post a bit more often :D

Hope everyone is well

No worries, Matthew! :) I'm just finishing a week of excruciating staff meetings myself so I know how "busy" goes.

I hope everyone's well....as we approach the 400-days-to-go mark....:eek:....someday I'll look back on this post and wonder where all the time went so quickly....

A great weekend to all!

This morning I received the edocs for the Epic cruise in October and now I am beginning to get excited. Once I have done that cruise I will start to enrol some of the 16:eek: travelling companions I have for this cruise onto this thread;)

This morning I received the edocs for the Epic cruise in October and now I am beginning to get excited. Once I have done that cruise I will start to enrol some of the 16:eek: travelling companions I have for this cruise onto this thread;)

Good Afternoon How fab you have edocs I have my set sail for Liberty on 29 Oct but docs aren't being produced until 1 Oct :eek:

The Navigator has come on sail for 7 nts on 17 Nov when we get into New Orleans! I do have a booking on NCL Star but can canx free of charge what will help me decide is a question hopefully a more experienced NCL sailor will know. How does the drink prices compare to RCI? As I'm not D+ or even D on Rci my drinks bill tends to be high so that will influence my sailing ou of New Orleans :D:D

Good Afternoon How fab you have edocs I have my set sail for Liberty on 29 Oct but docs aren't being produced until 1 Oct :eek:

The Navigator has come on sail for 7 nts on 17 Nov when we get into New Orleans! I do have a booking on NCL Star but can canx free of charge what will help me decide is a question hopefully a more experienced NCL sailor will know. How does the drink prices compare to RCI? As I'm not D+ or even D on Rci my drinks bill tends to be high so that will influence my sailing ou of New Orleans :D:D

The drink prices with NCL are comparable to RCCL. However, if you are a wine drinker, according to Cruise Critic NCL allow you to take a bottle of wine onboard with you at the start of the cruise. If you wish to consume it in a restaurant with a meal NCL charge corkage but no problem if you consume in your own room. RCCL do not allow any bottles aboard.

The drink prices with NCL are comparable to RCCL. However' date=' if you are a wine drinker, according to Cruise Critic NCL allow you to take a bottle of wine onboard with you at the start of the cruise. If you wish to consume it in a restaurant with a meal NCL charge corkage but no problem if you consume in your own room. RCCL do not allow any bottles aboard.[/color']

Thanks for your quick response for some reason I had an idea they were similar in pricing but just wanted to get an idea if it was the correct idea! I think what I will do is wait till I have done Liberty TA and see if I could manage 3 weeks on same ship, cabin etc and make decision on my return Thanks again for your quick response :)

OMG, 7 more nights after we hit NOLA.... another cruise would be fine but I think I'd have wait a few days and eat (and drink :)) my way across New Orleans first, maybe take a 5-day to Mexico later?....

OMG, 7 more nights after we hit NOLA.... another cruise would be fine but I think I'd have wait a few days and eat (and drink :)) my way across New Orleans first, maybe take a 5-day to Mexico later?....

Gordon I'm going to wait to see how I am after Liberty next month if I think I could do another 7 days on same ship I will book it if not will stay on the NCL Star going out 18 Nov

Hey, everybody! Hope all's well.

Just wanted to bump us up the list - we were all the way down on page 3...

Looks like a lot of us are getting ready for (or are already on) (or have just gotten home from) a cruise. I know I'm looking forward to mine, and I hope everyone else going has a great time.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooooo...no posts on this thread all month!!

You'd think we were all on a cruise or something....oh wait, some of us are.... ;)

Hope everyone's having (or had) a fantastic time! Meantime, let's bump this thread up out of limbo and back where it belongs! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody! Just bumping us up to the first page again.

Some of you are either cruising now or just got home... any news to share? If you show me yours (was it fun?), I'll show you mine (life on the good ol' Ecstasy, once I get back) :D

Cheers!

Hi guys

Ken & Phill here from Brighton!!! Just back from Queen Victoria in the Med and have Equinox to look forward to in January, so this cruise really does seem a lifetime away - but it could be great fun if there are as many guys onboard as it looks. Anyone done a count lately???

Cheers

Hi guys

Ken & Phill here from Brighton!!! Just back from Queen Victoria in the Med and have Equinox to look forward to in January, so this cruise really does seem a lifetime away - but it could be great fun if there are as many guys onboard as it looks. Anyone done a count lately???

Cheers

Hi, Ken & Phil - glad you had a good time.

I'm guessing there must be at least 30 of us by now? (Including a couple from the 'main' RCI roll call page who just haven't found their way here yet... ;))

My experience is that we always find each other anyway - it was that way again last week on my Ecstasy cruise.

I am now home after the fantastic Norwegian Epic transatlantic, probably one of the best cruises I have done.

I have already booked the maiden voyage of the new NCL Norwegian Breakaway for the end of April 2013 as have many of the FODs on the Norwegian Epic cruise.

At present my next booked cruise is thisone on the Navigator of the Seas but may well booked another cruise on the Epic for the end of May out of Barcelona:D

Hi, D's Friend, glad you had a great time. I've been considering Epic, might be fun to try one of the Studio cabins if I were by myself. My cruise last week was lots of fun, but like you, nothing else booked till this one. Maybe I can find a few days for a short cruise between now and next November....

Happy Thanksgiving to all Celebrating

just wanted to jump on and say I won't be joining you on this sailing due to meeting up with friends on the Enchantment in Nov I have had to move my cruises but still get to try the Eclipse in my new plans

April 12 Voyager of the Seas Eastbound TA New Orleans - Barcelona

October 12 Celebrity Eclipse Westbound TA Southampton - Fort Lauderdale

November 12 Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas

Hope everyone has a great sailing and no doubt meet up with some of you on future cruises

I posted on the main board, but neglected to post here. Hubby & I have just booked this and looking forward to the large group of Dorothy's friends. The last TA we were on had so many friends we overran the Martini Bar and they had to move us to a larger area. Will that be the case again?

-Cal (& Dave aka LACADave)

Welcome, Cal & Dave - yes it looks like we'll have quite a group on this trip. That will be a nice change from some of my cruises, where we spend the first few days just trying to find each other .... though we always seem to eventually.

Sorry you won't be joining us, Matthew - but I hope we'll see each other down the road.

Nice job! It seems to have gone a bit quiet on this thread especially for new members;)

Yeah, we're probably all busy with holiday stuff.

Anyone know a good place to stay in Barcelona that costs no more than an arm (I need both of my legs)? We've never been there and are planning on staying 2 nights before the cruise - maybe 3 if we have enough $. (Yes, I hear folks saying, "At the price you booked for, you should have plenty of hotel $!!" :D)

Yeah, we're probably all busy with holiday stuff.

Anyone know a good place to stay in Barcelona that costs no more than an arm (I need both of my legs)? We've never been there and are planning on staying 2 nights before the cruise - maybe 3 if we have enough $. (Yes, I hear folks saying, "At the price you booked for, you should have plenty of hotel $!!" :D)

I have stayed at the GBB 4 Hotel in Barcelona. It is a very modern 4* hotel with excellent rates, however it is a bit of a distance by foot from the Ramblas or centre of Barcelona. It is close to a marina and promenade plus there is a metro station about 300 metres from the hotel. Here is a link to the hotel description and photos. http://www.gbbhotels.com/hotel4barcelona/default-en.php

In February I will be staying at the Tryp Apolo Hotel in Barcelona which is very close to the centre but of course much more expensive. A word of advice, when booking Tryp hotels apparently it is best to book direct from the hotel website or the Sol Melia website. http://www.tryphotels.com/en/tryp-apolo-hotel-barcelona-spain.html

Archived