Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas 3rd Nov 2012 ¿The Campest Transatlantic Ever?

Dorothy's Friend

I have stayed at the GBB 4 Hotel in Barcelona. It is a very modern 4* hotel with excellent rates' date=' however it is a bit of a distance by foot from the Ramblas or centre of Barcelona. It is close to a marina and promenade plus there is a metro station about 300 metres from the hotel. Here is a link to the hotel description and photos. http://www.gbbhotels.com/hotel4barcelona/default-en.php

In February I will be staying at the Tryp Apolo Hotel in Barcelona which is very close to the centre but of course much more expensive. A word of advice, when booking Tryp hotels apparently it is best to book direct from the hotel website or the Sol Melia website. http://www.tryphotels.com/en/tryp-apolo-hotel-barcelona-spain.html[/quote']

Thanks, D's Friend! It looks like my airfare will be paid for with FF miles, so maybe there'll be a few extra ... pesetas :eek: ... just kidding, EUROS...to spread around.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
Happy Boxing Day everyone! And a belated Merry Christmas!:D

Same to you, DF - however late it may be - I hope none of those boxes gave you a hard time... ;)

Happy New Year, everyone!

(And it's back to p. 1 for our thread.....)

Happy and Healthy New Year

to my fellow Transatlantic Navigators.

I hope you all are doing well and will have a fun and safe time bringing in the new year. DH and I will go to our local community lodge for a party with our neighbors.

I posted the following on the other Navigator TA roll call:

E-mail addresses: On our last TA someone kept a list of e-mail addresses and distributed it amongst the group. That way those who didn't want their e-mail addresses posted on CC could still write to each other off the boards. If anyone is interested I could keep such a list. Just e-mail me at wes_reimer at yahoo dot com. I'd make a list and send it to those who have sent me their address. Just put something in the subject line like Navigator TA.

If any of you are interested please just e-mail me. I've gotten three replies so far. The roll call seems a little slow, but should pick up now that it is less than a year away.

I'm looking forward to this cruise. I'm the planner-organizer in our family. I told DH that we got a cabin near the rear of the ship. What I haven't told him yet is that we got a corner aft balcony. I'll probably wait until his birthday to tell him. :) Last Nov. we did the BCN-FLL TA and were in the opposite corner of deck 7, a triangular stateroom off the bow. It was lots of walking but kept the weight off.

Now I'm doing the research on what to do in the ports. We prefer private tours or just walking around. I'll likely share whatever I find on the other roll call.

Mary

Back to page 1 we go...!!! :D

I hope everyone's having a great week. Mine got off to a slow start, must've been those 3 consecutive nights of parties....no mas on the champagne for right now, por favor..... :eek::o

For those who are interested and will be flying back to the UK post cruise, I have just bought my flights to Heathrow via Miami through the http://www.cheapoair.com website. It all went smoothly and several other people in my group have done the same. I think $427 plus taxes is a good price. DO NOT GO TO THE .CO.UK WEBSITE. THE PRICES ARE DOUBLE FOR THE SAME FLIGHTS OFFERED. :D

Other friends used the same company to book flights from the USA to Spain and had no problems so I took their advice.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, kids - the "campest Transatlantic ever" needn't be "camping" out on page 3 of this board... :) ... let's bump it up and see who else might be joining us.

Just back on Monday from my little getaway on Carnival Ecstasy - I know this is an RCI roll call, but I really like Ecstasy and enjoyed my trip, nice weather, plenty o' food, and nice folks to meet.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Wow.. Happy to see this cruise will be well attended by FOD’s. I booked The Navigator last week before booking a round trip flight. I am booked along with friends on RCCL’s Liberty of the Seas Trans Atlantic cruise April 14th. I enjoy Trans Atlantic cruises. The sea days are a great opportunity to play bridge. Any other bridge players? I am a happy hour kind of guy and hope we can get a group together than.

Looking very much forward to meeting you-all…

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

480 days at sea

41 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon

:D Our group on this cruise has now grown to 17!! Too big for one table for dinner so I am informed that already we have been split into two tables side by side' date=' with my group gorgeous men on one and ............. there is a second table:rolleyes:[/font']

OK, what dinner seating are these fun tables at????

Wow.. Happy to see this cruise will be well attended by FOD’s. I booked The Navigator last week before booking a round trip flight. I am booked along with friends on RCCL’s Liberty of the Seas Trans Atlantic cruise April 14th. I enjoy Trans Atlantic cruises. The sea days are a great opportunity to play bridge. Any other bridge players? I am a happy hour kind of guy and hope we can get a group together than.

Looking very much forward to meeting you-all…

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

480 days at sea

41 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon

Hey Dennis, a fellow bridge player here - think I answered your post on the other thread. Nothing like a good card game to wile away some sea day hours. :)

OK, what dinner seating are these fun tables at????

;)Late sitting for dinner:o

Late seating, yeah! (though BF might want to change to Any/My/Your/Our/Their/Whatever Time)

Hey Dennis, a fellow bridge player here - think I answered your post on the other thread. Nothing like a good card game to wile away some sea day hours. :)

Gordon,

Looking forward to meeting you and finding a couple other bridge players..

I enjoy early dinner seating...

I hope you are having a great weekend..

Dennis

I finally booked my airfare to BCN - looked like it was only going to get more expensive, and the rate through Choice Air was several HUNDRED $ cheaper than booking through the airlines themselves.

All we need now is a hotel...there have been some good recommendations on this board and the other, 'mainstream' :confused: board (which has gotten a lot more active lately).

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the Hotel Continental Palacete for two nights pre-cruise - anyone else staying there? - we can all meet at the bar (like gay men everywhere :)) - I think there may be one or two from the other board who are staying there as well.

I hope everyone has a great weekend -

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I would rather think about this cruise :) than doing my taxes :( I'm giving us a bump.

I hope all my American friends either have already paid for our cruise or will be getting a sufficiently hefty refund from Uncle to do so.

As George Harrison so famously wrote, "Should five percent appear too small, be thankful I don't take it all."

Cheers and a happy weekend to all!

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally confirmed that indeed those are GAY crickets chirping on this thread.

But I'm not worried - Delta having made a flight change from ATL to BCN for Wednesday 10/30 has got a number of us flustered on the other board - what was to have been n/s from ATL now stops in Paris @ CDG for about 75 minutes (good luck with the connection) so that makes it a 2-stopper for me, which I NEVER would have booked initially. Unfortunately, my BF lives in Atlanta, and this was the only way we could fly together from there. Hardly something to cancel a vacation about, but BF and I are NOT happy, and it's not clear whether Choice Air will do anything to help us make better arrangements without charging an arm/leg. I'm trying to console myself with the idea that in 6 months we'll have all gotten so deeply into Relaxation Mode that some of us may never come out.

I hope everyone's well!

• 1 month later...
I have finally confirmed that indeed those are GAY crickets chirping on this thread.

But I'm not worried - Delta having made a flight change from ATL to BCN for Wednesday 10/30 has got a number of us flustered on the other board - what was to have been n/s from ATL now stops in Paris @ CDG for about 75 minutes (good luck with the connection) so that makes it a 2-stopper for me, which I NEVER would have booked initially. Unfortunately, my BF lives in Atlanta, and this was the only way we could fly together from there. Hardly something to cancel a vacation about, but BF and I are NOT happy, and it's not clear whether Choice Air will do anything to help us make better arrangements without charging an arm/leg. I'm trying to console myself with the idea that in 6 months we'll have all gotten so deeply into Relaxation Mode that some of us may never come out.

I hope everyone's well!

Delta changed my flight also with the Paris layover.. I talked them into a free stop over and now have 3 days in Paris my favorite city in the world before proceeding to Barcelona.

I saw somewhere that the AXEL hotel has some specials not sure if it applys to our dates. When I was in Barcelona last April I stayed at Hotel Arc La Rambla and will be staying there again this trip.. I love the location 1/2 block to subway and it is on the Rambla.

Last April I spent three nights in Stiges a beach town 1/2 hour from Barcelona..very gay and I had a great time and really enjoyed my three days..

Leaving in two weeks for the cooler weather of Alaska on a Holland America cruise.

Dennis

499 days at sea

43 cruises

12 cruise lines

I know I'm not a part of this roll-call but thought I'd say HEY!

I'm on the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the seas leaving Nov. 2nd out of Rome going to Houston, Texas. I wonder if we'll be able to see each other during the crossing since we our ships must be leaving about the same time?

*edit*

Just checked your Itin. You guys arrive and leave Tenerife Nov 7th to start your trans atlantic crossing and we arrive Tenerife Nov. 8th. Looks like you'll have one day head start on us. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived