Pre-Cruise hotel stay upgrades.

Philandher

We are on the Quest out of Venice in the summer with a complimentary one night pre-cruise hotel stay included that is located outside the city.

Has anybody ever tried to upgrade the complimentary hotel to one that is located more centrally:confused:

Yes, I tried.

Unfortunately I was told by the TA that I would have to relinquish the offer, I was then offered one night in Central Venice for £309 pp.

I emailed AZ to ask if this was the best they could offer, over one month ago but still no reply. I have given up on a response.

£600 for a room that is on Tripadvisor for 160 Eu, I like their style.

No problem Philandher,

you can get a couple of flights to Venice for that.

If you are booked directly with AZ, then perhaps you would have more luck with a reply.

We've been allocated that hotel as well, still thinking of ditching and booking independantly, it's just the hassle with transfers that is putting me off just now. May do so nearer the time though.

We've literally just got back from the Journey and stayed at this hotel for one night in Venice before we left as part of a package. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but does have very good rail links to Venice. The trains take about 25-30 minutes and you can buy the tickets at the hotel and they cost about 4 euros return (I think). The rooms are comfortable enough, and the buffet continental breakfast was included, but it's not quite "same as Azamara" standard.

We've literally just got back from the Journey and stayed at this hotel for one night in Venice before we left as part of a package. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but does have very good rail links to Venice. The trains take about 25-30 minutes and you can buy the tickets at the hotel and they cost about 4 euros return (I think). The rooms are comfortable enough, and the buffet continental breakfast was included, but it's not quite "same as Azamara" standard.

Was this part of the Azamara flight package? We have been allocated this hotel along with our free flights to Venice. How were the transfers between airport & hotel & then hotel & ship & at what time from hotel to ship? Thanks.

Hi there,

Like Thorpeys just off Journey yesterday. (Hi Jenny & Alex) We were also upset to be out of Venice. However we arrived at Marco Polo airport at 5pm, in hotel room by 5.45pm, caught the 6.25pm train into Venice and were having a drink by a canal by 7pm so it was very easy. Our airport transfer was a driver and a Merc as we were the only two on the Gatwick flight others had mini bus transfers. The transfers to the ship were invaluable the next morning. We were on board before 12 and in San Marco by waterbus by 12.30. Timetable and tickets from hotel reception made it all very easy. The rooms were spacious but not usual Marriot standard but ood enough for one night.

We heard plenty of expensive hotel/taxi and nightmare dragging cases over steep bridges to make us happy with where we were.

Zennor we were both with the "icehouse" TA that I think you have. Pick up was 11am and embarkation was less than 5 mins, journey took 20 mins and that was Easter Sunday. The ship was right at the San Basilio water bus. So all straight forward.

However we arrived at Marco Polo airport at 5pm, in hotel room by 5.45pm, caught the 6.25pm train into Venice and were having a drink by a canal by 7pm so it was very easy.,,,,,,,We were on board before 12 and in San Marco by waterbus by 12.30

Hello Maddie, do you mind if I ask a couple of questions?

Firstly, were there plenty of trains for the return journey from canals to hotel at night, how late can you leave it?

Secondly, on embarkation, did you then debark to wander around canals ?

Thanks.

We've literally just got back from the Journey and stayed at this hotel for one night in Venice before we left as part of a package. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere but does have very good rail links to Venice.

The rooms are comfortable enough, and the buffet continental breakfast was included, but it's not quite "same as Azamara" standard.

I don't understand why an upscale cruiseline is not putting you in an upscale hotel??

Also, I don't consider Marriott hotels in general "upscale".

Hi Mugwood,

The trains into Venice early evening were 2/3 an hour. On the way back there was a 9.35 then 10.55, there were two after that but i don't remember exactly but it was after midnight.

After a very quick embarkation we gave in our hand luggage to the concierge, drank the fizzy and got back off. We went straight to San Marco by waterbus no 2, walked up to the Rialto then on to find a pub showing the 2nd half of the old firm game for my SO!! I'm a very understanding gal;)

Jade I would agree re hotel choice on their website they mention the hilton molino stucky and one other in central Venice but when we booked it came through as crowne plaza about 2 months after we booked. I think because the Az offer was free flights and hotel (although I'm sure factored in the total price) they down graded us to a $70 one. It was fine for the night and gets good tripadvisor reviews for what it is.

Archived