Question - Solstice do they still organise FOD meetings

Doonan

Hi Guys

Just a question ... on Solstice do they still organise and show in the daily paper .. FOD meetings.

I have read something about notice board if they don't ... how does that work.

I have never seen a notice board but then again have never looked .. previous Celebrity ships had FOD in program.

Thanks

Neil

Hi Guys

Just a question ... on Solstice do they still organise and show in the daily paper .. FOD meetings.

I have never seen a notice board but then again have never looked .. previous Celebrity ships had FOD in program.

Thanks

Neil

They switched it around a bit last year. They said it was keeping with RCCL policys. Now what they do is have it on board down by guest relations where they publish rest of meetings (business meetings, card groups ,knitters,scrapbookers, gamers etc).

The only one they said they publish in daily bulletin is Friends of Bill. You'll see the board once you get down there, it has 8x10" card with description/location of each meeting

John:rolleyes:

They switched it around a bit last year. They said it was keeping with RCCL policys. Now what they do is have it on board down by guest relations where they publish rest of meetings (business meetings, card groups ,knitters,scrapbookers, gamers etc).

The only one they said they publish in daily bulletin is Friends of Bill. You'll see the board once you get down there, it has 8x10" card with description/location of each meeting

John:rolleyes:

John

Thanks a lot ... now I know what I am looking for ... its always great meeting other people on the ship from different countries and places.

Neil

Hi, Doonan!

It seems we won't be able to meet. We're sailing in May 26th on the Solstice. It seems you'll be sailing in June but I don't understand how come you can start sailing in June 1st on the Solstice ... I must be a bit tired since I don't understand.

Anyway we're a Spanish couple from Madrid and would like to meet some gay people on our cruise but it seems there's nobody around here to sail in May 26th.

Take care.

Jose & Cesar

Jose & Cesar

Sorry we will get on the ship as you get off.

It was my fault I put the wrong date of departure up .. as you say it will be at sea at that time.

It would have been great to meet a couple of spanish boys ... have a great time

Neil

Hi Guys

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil:

As posted above, the meeting announcements are on the board just to the left of the guest relations desk. On our sailing last month, the FOD meetings were scheduled for 10:00 pm every night in the Martini Bar. I was a little disappointed that there was no crew member hosting or kicking off the meeting as on Princess. People just sort of mingled around the bar but it wasn't necessarily easy to tell who was there for FOD. We ended up meeting more people at the Molecular Bar.

Neil,

Yes, it would have been great to meet. We'll left the ship immaculate for you to get on your cruise and enjoy it! :D

Have fun!

Jose

Where on Solstice is the Molecular Bar?

David

The Molecular Bar is where the Champagne Bar used to be. Right next to the Art area. Plus when we are on back in November they now list them as GLBT gatherings....

By the way...we got the Drink Package and basically lived at the molecular bar each night. it was that good....we stopped before and after dinner....I'm not a big drinker...but their drinks I believe had less alcohol than normal drinks...and they were quite tasty!!!!!!!

Ken and Jeff

The Molecular Bar is where the Champagne Bar used to be. Right next to the Art area. Plus when we are on back in November they now list them as GLBT gatherings....

By the way...we got the Drink Package and basically lived at the molecular bar each night. it was that good....we stopped before and after dinner....I'm not a big drinker...but their drinks I believe had less alcohol than normal drinks...and they were quite tasty!!!!!!!

Ken and Jeff

Thanks, Ken. We'll find it, but not til next April. And thanks for the tip about the drink package as well.

David

We were on the Celebrity Eclipse and the FOD meeting was in the Molecular Bar as well. However, it is not really a place for mixing and mingling (or wasn't when we were there) so the whole group of us moved it to Martini Bar. That place is so great! :)

Archived