What are some of the best staterooms on the Disney Dream?

jcheetie

Hello! I am brand new to crusing and am looking into booking a cruise in October of 2012 for my husband and two daughters, who will be 6 and 8 at the time. I have a few basic questions that I hope some of you Disney Crusing experts can help me with:) Can anyone recommend a stateroom with a verandah on the Disney Dream? My main concerns are that it is quiet with an awsome view. Other concerns are whether the forward, mid or aft part of the ship are best and which side of the ship (port or starboard) typically has the bests views of the Bahamas when you pull into the port? Trying to learn as much as I can before I book:)

Thanks!:)

The "best" stateroom is going to be the one that you're in. :D

Plusses and minuses to all locations on a cruise ship. Can't control the weather either, and weather impacts motion.

So book what you're happy to travel in for your cruise, and keep in mind that for the best views going in and out of port you're going to have to be on the upper decks. Even if I'm in a balcony stateroom I like to be on the top decks going in and out of ports.

I haven't sailed yet on DCL, but as a rule I try to avoid any deck directly below or above the decks with the most traffic. For example on the Dream I would avoid Deck three aft as that is right below The "District" so there is bound to be a lot of noise late at night.

In the case of Verandahs, they are all Deck 5 and above. I would avoid Deck five (those are right next to the kid's clubs). Decks 7 and 8 are sandwiched between other decks that hold staterooms exclusively so that would be my best bet. Of course, not only could I be wrong, LOL but you never know when you're getting that noisy neighbor.

I'm sure others can talk about specific staterooms.

Archived