Did my friend make a REALLY BIG mistake???

Boozebabe

We both were redeeming a FCC for our upcoming cruise in June. I told her exactly what to do with the certificate. "MAIL IT REGISTERED" Yesterday I was checking our on-line reservations to see that the on-board credit had been applied. Mine was....hers wasn't. I mailed mine registered. I asked her about it last night and she said she forgot to mail it registered.

So, my question is...Has anyone just mailed it and still got the credit? We are last minute bookers and were told we would get the $100. on-board credit but they will refund our credit card the other $100. It only took the $100 on-board credit about 10 days to show up.

If you are both booked into the same room, you cannot use both FCCs. Only one is allowed per cabin. But if your friend is in another cabin, you should be able to use it. I don't know about the non-registered mail. But, the certificates can now also be redeemed online:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

If your friend is booked in another cabin and has a copy of the FCC or knows the certificate #, she can fill out the form and submit it. We used this online form, and it got approved within a couple days. For future reference, you can use this and save money on mailing it.

If you are booked in the same cabin, I'm not sure what will be done as far as getting the FCC that cannot be used back to her. I don't know if they mail it back or what. You may need to call Carnival and ask them. Or, someone on here probably knows.

We are traveling with a group of 8 adults. One night we would like to try the Streakhouse for dinner. Will they split the bill up so each couple

is charged for their own amount? I would like to make the reservation

on-line begore we go.

We both were redeeming a FCC for our upcoming cruise in June. I told her exactly what to do with the certificate. "MAIL IT REGISTERED" Yesterday I was checking our on-line reservations to see that the on-board credit had been applied. Mine was....hers wasn't. I mailed mine registered. I asked her about it last night and she said she forgot to mail it registered.

So, my question is...Has anyone just mailed it and still got the credit? We are last minute bookers and were told we would get the $100. on-board credit but they will refund our credit card the other $100. It only took the $100 on-board credit about 10 days to show up.

I put mine in an envelope with a stamp and had no issues...took about two weeks for me.

If you are both booked into the same room, you cannot use both FCCs. Only one is allowed per cabin. But if your friend is in another cabin, you should be able to use it. I don't know about the non-registered mail. But, the certificates can now also be redeemed online:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

If your friend is booked in another cabin and has a copy of the FCC or knows the certificate #, she can fill out the form and submit it. We used this online form, and it got approved within a couple days. For future reference, you can use this and save money on mailing it.

If you are booked in the same cabin, I'm not sure what will be done as far as getting the FCC that cannot be used back to her. I don't know if they mail it back or what. You may need to call Carnival and ask them. Or, someone on here probably knows.

We are in seperate cabins. 2 couples. She already mailed it and I think she made a copy of it. At least I told her to. Online certificate redemption wasn't working when we sent ours in. I was told by my PVP that since we booked late they would give us a credit on our credit card for the usual $100. normally that comes off the final payment. We had to pay the entire amount when we booked. I am not concerned about mine at all. Just hers.

Archived