WiFi on Allure

There are packages and coupons in your booklets that reduce the cost somewhat. But, keep in mind that even for a brand new ship, this service is extremely slow. The speed is very frustrating.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
There are packages and coupons in your booklets that reduce the cost somewhat. But, keep in mind that even for a brand new ship, this service is extremely slow. The speed is very frustrating.:mad:

How slow is it?

Do you know the average time it takes for a 1 MB file to upload to a server on land?

I am sitting in the Ft. Lauderdale airport as I type this. We just got off of the Allure and I can tell you it was even better than we expected.

We used the wi-fi in our suite and the connection speed was at 12 megabytes, so it worked ok, quite unlike the Jewell of the Seas where it was useless.

Wyatt

I brought my laptop and yes the service is much slower than what I am used to. I also used the keyboard on the TV, but the mouse was soooo slow that it wasted your time, as it's per minute charge, moving the thing across the screen. I was glad I brought my laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived