Future of Tampa Cruising

You're pulling my leg, right???

This is an ocean full of water...Tampa Bay is connected to all the water in all the oceans of the entire world...By making the channel under the bridge deeper it isnot going to change the level of the water....They make the channels deeper here all the time by dredging and believe me it does not change the level of the water in all the oceans of the world....;)

I take it you missed post number 46.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. The ship I am on is cruising through a specially dredge channel so it can pass under a bridge that is ahead of it ...

IMG_0532.jpg

I think it's dredged so the bottom of the ship does not touch what's UNDER it, not to lower the water level.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. The ship I am on is cruising through a specially dredge channel so it can pass under a bridge that is ahead of it ...

IMG_0532.jpg

Luv this thread , you people are killing me :D:):D LMAO

"

I guess the good news will be that when/if they resolve this problem maybe we will actually start getting new, nice ships instead of hand me downs from other places that got the big ones :).

I prefer sailing the "hand me down" ships any day, rather than the "new nice" ships, especially after last month's cruise on the huge Epic. Never again. If you read the reviews of the megaships, you can choose what suits you best. I liked the Odessa Lines', "Gruziya", at a time when entertainment was in the lounge and passengers sat around tables and got to know one another. The first time I walked into a huge ship's theater, I was stunned--the noisy blast of "music" almost blew me back out the door. I guess one learns to expect that racket. I sit it out. My real favorite was freighter travel but all that has changed.

The sea is a great place to be, unless you're in a life boat. But then, even that is better than floating.

I take it you missed post number 46.

Looks like the fantail of a cruise ship on open water...I have hundreds of those. What are you trying to say that picture proves? What bridge is it and where?

Why not supply us how this feat of engineering works without using a lock system like the Panama Canal....

Looks like the fantail of a cruise ship on open water...I have hundreds of those. What are you trying to say that picture proves? What bridge is it and where?

Why not supply us how this feat of engineering works without using a lock system like the Panama Canal....

Look how the water goes uphill on the sides. I think this is one of the long lost photos from when Moses parted the Red Sea.

Sunshine Skyway,

I think it's dredged so the bottom of the ship does not touch what's UNDER it, not to lower the water level.

You do realize this photo has been "touched up a bit" don't you? :)

It is done with software - not hardware.

Archived