Voyager of the Seas Review 4/24-5/1

Hi, Thanks for the great review and pics! Brings back lots of memories! We have sailed in 1688 on Voyager and LOVED it and have also sailed in 7688....both great!

Looking forward to the aft view in November and again March on Mariner! :D

Thank you! Ooh good to know about 7688. I'll keep my eyes peeled ;)

Congrats on the upcoming afts! I hope you write reviews when you return from your Mariner trips. I can't wait to see how she'll be from Galveston! We may even see you on your March trip. We are booked for Spring Break!

Pictures aren't difficult. If you want some pointers, let me know.

Thanks for the info about Victor Bodden and Parrot Tree Plantation resort. I visited Roatan about 12 years ago on a group scuba trip. We stayed at Anthony's Key. From looking at the pictures online, I'd say it's changed a lot. The diving was spectacular. We didn't venture away from the resort besides going to and from the airport so I am looking forward to seeing more of the island this time. Sounds like the Bodden tour is the way to go.

I will definitely check out the Parrot Tree Plantation, too.

Have you visited Belize?

we did Victor Bodden with Anne and had a ball-also went to the children's home and took school supplies-good experience

We did Belize-never again you have to travel by bus long ways to get to anything-the town Belize City right off the ship is sooooo bad-we went back to the cruise port did a bit of shopping and got back on the boat

we did Victor Bodden with Anne and had a ball-also went to the children's home and took school supplies-good experience

We did Belize-never again you have to travel by bus long ways to get to anything-the town Belize City right off the ship is sooooo bad-we went back to the cruise port did a bit of shopping and got back on the boat

Thanks blacksheep. Belize doesn't sound like much fun. Did you check out any of the ship's excusions? Do you know if there were any (especiall snorkeling( that picked up and dropped off at the ship instead of having to tender?

Thanks so much for the wonderful review!!

We were on VOS April 9-17, two weeks before you. We got a kick out of seeing the picture of the people working on the pier. They didn't get much done in two weeks!:rolleyes:

Thanks for viewing!

LOL. I just envisioned everyone saying "here comes a ship! Quick, look busy!"

Thanks so much for the review and fantastic pictures. Loving every minute of it. We haven't cruised in almost two years and are going through serious withdrawal. Thanks for taking us along with you!

Thanks for viewing, Duncanmaria. I hope you get to cruise soon!

Thanks blacksheep. Belize doesn't sound like much fun. Did you check out any of the ship's excusions? Do you know if there were any (especiall snorkeling( that picked up and dropped off at the ship instead of having to tender?

Don't remember any-we tendered in a long ways-25 min-and the tender operators are ugly b/c of the fights with the cruise lines-tellling you not to shop at the cruise port but to go into town and see their friends-and so on-the will wait for the tender to be completly full down to the last person b/4 they leave either way--some in our group did a ruins tour-but they were on the bus most of the time-the cave tubing you are gone 4 hrs and 3 of it is on buses and walking into the jungle then in the water for 45 min-just not a user friendly place-also if you are doing Bodden tours they take you to his compound where they have animals ---you have to pay to get in $5.00 a person I think-only part of the tour I did not like-poor animals:confused:

Don't remember any-we tendered in a long ways-25 min-and the tender operators are ugly b/c of the fights with the cruise lines-tellling you not to shop at the cruise port but to go into town and see their friends-and so on-the will wait for the tender to be completly full down to the last person b/4 they leave either way--some in our group did a ruins tour-but they were on the bus most of the time-the cave tubing you are gone 4 hrs and 3 of it is on buses and walking into the jungle then in the water for 45 min-just not a user friendly place-also if you are doing Bodden tours they take you to his compound where they have animals ---you have to pay to get in $5.00 a person I think-only part of the tour I did not like-poor animals:confused:

Was Victor's compound listed as part of your tour? It's actually a very popular stop for lots of folks. However, we specifically told Joanni our guide that we didn't want to go see the animals. No problem. She said she'll take us wherever we want to go based on our interests. Worked for us. We would use Victor Bodden's tours again in a NY minute.

• 2 weeks later...

One quick question for you.

We where on the cruise before you, during good Friday week.

This was the Mexican Spring Break.

Did not care about that, just the kids.

We had a Hump suite, and they kept ringing the door bell at all hours.

I was told that their spring break is before and after Easter Sunday.

So did you have a lot of Mexican Spring Breakers on board?

We are not going in March because of the American Spring Breakers.

And really want to do the Belize route again, so that just leaves Feburary... Burrrrr.

Thanks for any information.

:rolleyes:

One quick question for you.

We where on the cruise before you, during good Friday week.

This was the Mexican Spring Break.

Did not care about that, just the kids.

We had a Hump suite, and they kept ringing the door bell at all hours.

I was told that their spring break is before and after Easter Sunday.

So did you have a lot of Mexican Spring Breakers on board?

We are not going in March because of the American Spring Breakers.

And really want to do the Belize route again, so that just leaves Feburary... Burrrrr.

Thanks for any information.

:rolleyes:

There were a lot Mexican Spring breakers on board. It wasn't too bad, but we enjoyed our cabin quite a bit. There's no door bell and we were at the end of the deck so not a lot of traffic.

A couple of times, I thought "some people are just rude" but seems like there are always those folks that act like they are the only ones that matter :confused:

Thanks so much for the reveiw. Voyager was our first "big" ship cruise. We love her and I think I am going to book her again for Feburary.

I am trying Oasis in September but Voyager will always be my favorite, lots of great memories on that ship.

thanks again,

Kathy

Really enjoyed your review and all the pictures.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the reveiw. Voyager was our first "big" ship cruise. We love her and I think I am going to book her again for Feburary.

I am trying Oasis in September but Voyager will always be my favorite, lots of great memories on that ship.

thanks again,

Kathy

Glad you enjoyed the review. I hope you write one when you get back! We love Voyager, too. I'm thinking we need to plan a visit to New Orleans and another cruise from there.. :)

• 5 months later...

Loved your pictures. We will be on the Voyager Nov. 26...we are very excited.

For ones worried about Belize, we did an excursion and went to San Pedro. Best time ever. The people were so wonderful, laid back, you could see the children at school, people going about their lives. We did not have anyone trying to sell us anything. the snorkling was great and I would do it again in a heartbeat...

I was on the same cruise!

I had heard the beds were comfy, but I went ahead and ordered a mattress pad via email ahead of time anyway. I am glad I did, that made it OK. I think without it, it would have been quite hard.

The sheets were awesome........

How do you do this and is there an extra cost?

Archived