Voyager of the Seas Review 4/24-5/1

quote=texnewbie;29020905]I really enjoyed reading your review, it makes me want to be in Cozumal, GCaymen, and Jamaica again. Expecially the picture of the beer, food and beach....

Thanks!

I wish more people would write great reviews like yours, it's so much fun to enjoy someone's trips and what and where they go and do...

I really love the blow by blow reviews too. It's a little like a mini vacation and I always seem to learn something from the reviewer. Last year, I read a review of the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos Islands that blew me away. It seemed like with every post I was learning about something or some place I'd never even heard of before! The reviews make me want to visit all those far-away lands.

I'm sailing in 50 day's on Carnival Conquest, Eastern out of Galvestion, Freeport Bahamas, Nassau, Bahamas, and Key West, surprising my DD17. My husband and I sailed in 09, Carnival Conquest and sailed Western but went to Montego Bay instead of Falmouth...

Last time we sailed on Voyager, we stopped at Montego Bay. Not too much fun for us. Falmouth was a much better experience and I'm thankful that we got to go there because it sure changed our impressions of Jamaica for the better. I hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise. 50 days will fly by before you know it!

I'm planning on booking a cruise Jan. 15, 2012 on RCCL Mariner out of Galveston... but it's going to Belize, Costa Maya & Cozumel... Really glad to read about the place in Cozumel - Playa Palancar - planning on spending the day there... It's beautiful.

I hope you enjoy your day at Playa Palancar. We are booked for the Mariner out of Galveston to Belize, Roatan and Coz in March next year. I hope you take lots of pictures and write a review after your trip so we can check it out ahead of time. For me, the reviews really help to build the excitement for an upcoming cruise too.

I have a couple of questions: if you were to choose a balcony again, would you do the same cabin or do a cabin with a balcony on the sides???

It looked at though your room was larger? Was your room larger?

I've not been on RCCL but really want to cruise on the line...

Thanks

Texnewbie

We really liked the aft balcony and the only way we knew it was a good one was from reading the cruisecritic boards (love this place). That was our first balcony so I don't know how I'd like a side balcony. From what I understand, both the aft cabin and the balcony are bigger than a regular D1 balcony. We loved the cabin and would definitely choose it again if we had the option. It's a long walk to some things though. We didn't mind at all but that might be an issue for some.

Fish: I loved the peacock pics...gorgeous. And Mariner is the bomb, both Chops and Portos,plus Vintages (our fave). We go in Feb. I'll let you know how it was.

Tex: there several cabins on the aft with larger size rooms, most of the corner afts have larger balconies. The wraps are the best although the room Fish had is slightly larger, but the balconies on the wraps are huge! We had 7388, great room and we would do aft again for the 3rd time because of that. Next up though on Mariner we chose closer to the Atrium and shorter walking, but if motion doesn't bother you, you will love the aft. The big secret is the aft E1's, huge balcony/small price. And not dishing on Carnival, but you will really love RCCL!

Thanks Becci! I am so happy to hear that the Mariner is going to be as wonderful or better than Voyager! I cannot wait to read your review! It'll help me not be able to concentrate on work for a couple weeks before our spring break cruise on her :D

Thanks for the info on the aft cabins! Great description!

Well, it's 4:30 in the afternoon and here I am reading your review getting hungry AGAIN.

You did a good job at Eden Rock getting your head down and heading back in. The fish can be a good distraction. We went to Eden Rock on the cruise we just got back on also. It is a nice spot. We always use life vests also.

Red Stripe, Hooray Beer! (couldn't resist that)

Great Review!

:D Curtis, you crack me up! WHERE'S MY SAMMICH?!?! By the way, what's in a cuban?

I know, right, it sounds like we're a couple of lushes :o

Thank you for sharing your review......i've really enjoyed reading all about your vacation on this gorgeous ship!

Your pictures are wonderful too:)

Thanks, Tinkers! I'm going to miss the Voyager but from what I hear, her replacement is gorgeous too..

What a wonderful review! Thank you for spending the time. We are looking forward to out trip on Voyager next year;)

Cheers and may more cruise be before you

Thanks Alison! Have fun on the Voyager!

What a delightful time I had this morning reading your review and Bionicman's. You two do have a way with food pictures. Yum! Voyager is a great ship. Even though we did the alternating itinerary, you brought all the wonderful memories back. Looking forward to the Mariner in Jan., our first balcony also but not an aft. A hump :D

What a delightful time I had this morning reading your review and Bionicman's. You two do have a way with food pictures. Yum! Voyager is a great ship. Even though we did the alternating itinerary, you brought all the wonderful memories back. Looking forward to the Mariner in Jan., our first balcony also but not an aft. A hump :D

Thanks, Bonnie!

A hump balcony! SCORE!! cheer-1.gif I hope you come back and tell us all about it. That's going to be an awesome view... AND the folks in the Windjammer can't spy on you :o

We are booked on Mariner in March next year. A bunch of us are going. No balcony for us then but we are still excited! We'll be doing the Roatan/Belize itinerary and I can't wait!

:D Curtis, you crack me up! WHERE'S MY SAMMICH?!?! By the way, what's in a cuban?

I know, right, it sounds like we're a couple of lushes :o

I've had people ask me what is in a Cuban at the Seaview Cafe. Remember, it's all in the delivery ~ "they are made of the same thing that you and I are, of course"

I've had people ask me what is in a Cuban at the Seaview Cafe. Remember, it's all in the delivery ~ "they are made of the same thing that you and I are, of course"

LOL! Why do I feel set up? :confused::D

Great review. At post 61 your pictures did not display. It gave an error message about "upgrade to Pro today" and says "bandwith exceeded Photobucket". Darn. I was hoping to see more Falmouth photos.

If you loved the Voyager, you will love the Mariner. It's been quite a while since I've been on that ship but it was very nice.

Thanks, Bonnie!

A hump balcony! SCORE!! cheer-1.gif I hope you come back and tell us all about it. That's going to be an awesome view... AND the folks in the Windjammer can't spy on you :o

We are booked on Mariner in March next year. A bunch of us are going. No balcony for us then but we are still excited! We'll be doing the Roatan/Belize itinerary and I can't wait!

You're in for a treat. We loved Roatan. Mountanous, lush and so beautiful. Booked a private tour with Victor Bodden and Joani took us all over the island. Told us all about her family, their lifestyle, etc. Very leisurely tour approx. 3 hours. $25 p/p and tipped her extra since we had such a great time. Stopped by Parrot Tree Plantation resort. It's where we would stay for the day next time if we ever visit. Had we known how gorgeous the beach was we would have taken swim suits and just hung out there the whole time. Joani told us they allow day folks to stay for approx. $10. Shangri-La! We even toured the units for sale/rent.

I would love to come back and give a review of my first ever balcony.. and a hump to boot! BUT... I don't do pictures. Have no idea how, so my review would be totally boring : (

Awesome! A picture review of Voyager of the Seas from Galveston! :D

But it makes me more sad that she's gone. :(

I know what you mean, Texas Teen. Hopefully, we'll learn to love the Mariner as much as we do the Voyager cry.gif

Great review. At post 61 your pictures did not display. It gave an error message about "upgrade to Pro today" and says "bandwith exceeded Photobucket". Darn. I was hoping to see more Falmouth photos.

If you loved the Voyager, you will love the Mariner. It's been quite a while since I've been on that ship but it was very nice.

I am also having trouble viewing the pics, but was enjoying them a lot. Hopefully you can restore them. I have en hours the review so far.

Thank you! I've fixed the issue. I hope you come back and finish viewing!

[/color]

You're in for a treat. We loved Roatan. Mountanous, lush and so beautiful. Booked a private tour with Victor Bodden and Joani took us all over the island. Told us all about her family, their lifestyle, etc. Very leisurely tour approx. 3 hours. $25 p/p and tipped her extra since we had such a great time. Stopped by Parrot Tree Plantation resort. It's where we would stay for the day next time if we ever visit. Had we known how gorgeous the beach was we would have taken swim suits and just hung out there the whole time. Joani told us they allow day folks to stay for approx. $10. Shangri-La! We even toured the units for sale/rent.

I would love to come back and give a review of my first ever balcony.. and a hump to boot! BUT... I don't do pictures. Have no idea how, so my review would be totally boring : (

Pictures aren't difficult. If you want some pointers, let me know.

Thanks for the info about Victor Bodden and Parrot Tree Plantation resort. I visited Roatan about 12 years ago on a group scuba trip. We stayed at Anthony's Key. From looking at the pictures online, I'd say it's changed a lot. The diving was spectacular. We didn't venture away from the resort besides going to and from the airport so I am looking forward to seeing more of the island this time. Sounds like the Bodden tour is the way to go.

I will definitely check out the Parrot Tree Plantation, too.

Have you visited Belize?

Thanks so much for the vacation pictorial. Been on that cruise on different ship. Sure brought back wonderful memories. Sailing on Voyager next year. First time on RCCL. Sooo looking forward to it!!! In an aft cabin too, another first. Happy cruising!

Pictures aren't difficult. If you want some pointers, let me know.

Thanks for the info about Victor Bodden and Parrot Tree Plantation resort. I visited Roatan about 12 years ago on a group scuba trip. We stayed at Anthony's Key. From looking at the pictures online, I'd say it's changed a lot. The diving was spectacular. We didn't venture away from the resort besides going to and from the airport so I am looking forward to seeing more of the island this time. Sounds like the Bodden tour is the way to go.

I will definitely check out the Parrot Tree Plantation, too.

Have you visited Belize?

Didn't feel well so we made Belize a sea day since it's a tender port and I didn't know if I could get back to the ship when *I* wanted.

Victor Bodden came VERY highly recommended on this board. Try the Belize thread and I'm sure you'll get tons of information/advice.

As far as photo advice goes, I wouldn't even know where to start. I get my daughter to transfer our photos from our camera to the computer. I'm pathetic !!! Thanks for the offer, though.

Now about learning to love Mariner as much as Voyager, NOTHING can take the place of Rhapsody.. sniff.. sniff.

Thanks so much for the vacation pictorial. Been on that cruise on different ship. Sure brought back wonderful memories. Sailing on Voyager next year. First time on RCCL. Sooo looking forward to it!!! In an aft cabin too, another first. Happy cruising!

Thanks for viewing! Have fun in your aft cabin on Voyager!

Hi, Thanks for the great review and pics! Brings back lots of memories! We have sailed in 1688 on Voyager and LOVED it and have also sailed in 7688....both great!

Looking forward to the aft view in November and again March on Mariner! :D

Archived