Mopeds

Scorpiorose

If you rent a scooter/moped/quad bike, be aware that the law says a helmet must be worn- whatever the locals do!!!:rolleyes: Our friends always rent a quad for 2 on Santorini when we holiday there, and feel they may be the target of local police, whereas the locals just don't bother.

Also, there's been lots of nasty grazes reported, from holiday makers who've had a tumble, only wearing shorts....think jeans or long trousers.

I should think each island will have various bikes to rent- certainly Santorini has ample quad bikes on display.

Jo.

The above post by jocap is 100% correct there are hundreds of bike rental places in the Greek Islands.

Whatever you do, DO NOT give them your passport! it's not required by law especially if you pay in advance.

I am a worrier. When I saw this thread my heart dropped. The assistant cruise director on my Greece/Turkey cruise was forced off the road by a truck in Mykonos and injured his leg badly on a little concrete wall. Another passenger commented that it was scarey on the main roads on a moped. Its up to you but I wouldn't do a Moped on vacation in a place I have never been.

I walked the road from the ship to town and it was really scarey because there was no shoulder. They do drive more aggressively in Greece than you may be used to.

Archived