cute layers for Alaska

I would be thrilled to find a layer like a cuddl dud that looked ok as a shirt if it ever got that warm........ Any suggestions.

I just reviewed some of the selections on the cuddl dud site and I think you could wear any of them as a t shirt, especially a colored one like this: http://shop.cuddlduds.com/Active-Layer-VNeck-Long-Sleeve-p/cd8512013.htm

My favorite layer in Alaska was a fleece vest.:D

I have a leopard print cuddle dud I wore as a shell layer on our Thanksgiving Amsterdam trip (snowed & sleeted the entire week:p) I lucked out and bought it at TUesday Morning cheapy cheap. I didn't wear it alone - it was a little too tight and I'm too old to be showing off my chest like that (plus, with my chest size - it seems indecent;)) BUt under a cardigan or button down shirt or other sweater - it looked great. Was my splash of color in the black wardrobe - with a red cashmere scarf :-)

If you need more warmth - go for merino wool. I love a smart high-tech fabric - but sometimes, merino wool is really the best! Old school athletic clothing! Like this: http://www.natureshop.com/icebreaker-merino-wool-clothing.asp

You have got to stay away from cotton in cold and/or wet climates! It does not insulate when wet and it takes forever to dry. I would try "smartwool" brand. I wear them all winter long, they dont stink even after 5 or 6 days w/o washing. Also-please know that they are soft, almost feel like cotton, they do not feel like 'scratchy wool' from back in the day-smartwool does a great job of making it much softer. they are a bit expensive, but they will literally last 20+ years with minimal care-just wash and go. I highly recommend them!

Archived