Sleep Inn,Inner Harbour Baltimore

bearnuts

Hi,Has anyone stayed at this motel?Is it in a nice neighborhood that you can walk to the different attractions?Looks very nice for $129 Park & Cruise.Thanks in advance, Brian

Hi,Has anyone stayed at this motel?Is it in a nice neighborhood that you can walk to the different attractions?Looks very nice for $129 Park & Cruise.Thanks in advance, Brian

I have not stayed here. I am looking also for next April.

Tripadvisor reviews are good:)

I'd be cautious. Neighborhoods in Baltimore can change over from "good" to "so-so" to "bad" literally from one block to the next, and this hotel is about two blocks on the wrong side of the line between "good" and "so-so." On the plus side, it is within walking distance of a number of attractions. And during the daytime, I think you'd be fine walking to them. But at night? Not so much.

That said, though I've not stayed at this particular hotel, I've had good experiences in Sleep Inns, even ones located in somewhat dicey neighborhoods. So I think the odds are that you'd do fine there. Just watch your step.

I'd be cautious. Neighborhoods in Baltimore can change over from "good" to "so-so" to "bad" literally from one block to the next, and this hotel is about two blocks on the wrong side of the line between "good" and "so-so." On the plus side, it is within walking distance of a number of attractions. And during the daytime, I think you'd be fine walking to them. But at night? Not so much.

That said, though I've not stayed at this particular hotel, I've had good experiences in Sleep Inns, even ones located in somewhat dicey neighborhoods. So I think the odds are that you'd do fine there. Just watch your step.

If I recall, another person posted about this hotel with questions about it. If I also recall this hotel is near the Shot Tower and it is a relatively new hotel that was converted from a commercial building into the Sleep Inn. Bus man is correct about how neighborhoods can change in a matter of blocks. This hotel is in an area that during the day should be fine walking but if you plan on being out after dark consider a cab or use your own car. With any luck maybe Madeline Rose will give you some more advice on this location, she is very knowledgeable about Baltimore. Good luck. :D

For what it is worth, I have never stayed at this property, but I have experienced nothing but poor customer service.

I booked a park/cruise package for this hotel though Stay123 in late January for a cruise in September. One day about a month later, I was getting some cruise documents together and decided to print the hotel confirmation. I entered the confirmation number on the website and it stated my reservation was cancelled. I immediately contacted the hotel and the front desk and manager were far from helpful. The front desk employee apparently did not understand, nor did he speak good English, so he transferred me to the manager. I again explained the background and what had happened to the manager and his response was "we would never do that - call your travel agent". I called the Stay123 agent, who told me that they received notice from the hotel that I had cancelled the reservation. However, I never called anyone to cancel the reservation. So the agent investigated further and found out that the hotel cancelled my reservation without my authorization. When the agent went to rebook the reservation, the hotel told the agent there was no rooms available. However, if you look today, there are plenty of rooms available. Also, I find it interesting that the hotel is no longer listed by Stay123, and the hotel now directly offers a park/cruise package for $30+ more a night.

I can understand if the hotel no longer wanted to partner with the agent on a park/cruise package, but for the hotel not to notify the customer that they were going to cancel the reservation is ridiculous. Imagine had I not been proactive and just decided to show up at the hotel in September assuming I had a reservation, only to find out my reservation was cancelled.

So besides the fact that this hotel has poor customer service and communication, and you just might not have a reservation when you arrive, I am sure it is a great place to stay.

I got a park & sail deal on Trinity reservations dot com for $88 (includes taxes) at Sleep Inn on Belle Grove Rd. Includes king room for one night, up to 14 days FREE parking, breakfast and transportation to the ship. Not sure how good the location is but one night is all we need. I'm NOT expecting the "Ritz".

Archived