Legend this weekend! Tell me all about it!

I leave Sunday on the Legend. I've read a million reviews and seen a billion pictures but still want to hear more.

What are your favorite moments? Least favorite? Things to do vs. things to avoid. Tips for embarkation or debarkation? Best place to hang out on the ship? Tell me about Wee Jimmy. Best DOD, best bartender, best waitstaff. All info welcome.

Let's hear it!

We were on our second Legend cruise last month. Our favorite CCL ship so far.

Embarkation is great, the port of Tampa is very well run and efficient. We have sailed from there 3 times so far and have yet to have a negative experience.

Legend herself is a beautiful ship, and in great condition. Spotlessly clean and well maintained. Some people don't care for the decor, but we like it. IMHO the best thing about Legend is her size. Just big enough, but not too big. We sailed full, but the ship never seemed crowded. She's also very easy to find your way around on.

Spots not to miss:

The new Serenity deck is very nice, but you have to get there early to get a spot.

The Enchanted Forest is a nice, quiet out of the way interior spot.

STEAK HOUSE!!!!

We were on the Legend in February. Great ship - we loved the size/layout. We had the best waitstaff with Anytime Dining. Head waitress was Rosie and she had two assistants - one was Ida Baggins and I can't remember the other one - didn't really see much of him. But they were awesome. If you happen to meet Rosie please tell her that Dylan says hi (she called him Dielan - long i sound)!!! He's my son - absolutely fell in love with her!

Embarkation and debarkation were both a breeze. We arrived about 11:30 and got right on the ship - maybe stood in line for 10 minutes at most. We had #15 debarkation tags and we were off the ship and at our hotel by 9:30. The Lido was very crowded for breakfast that morning - next time I'd try the dining room.

Go to several photo stations on formal night for pictures. We only went to one on the first formal night and the pictures taken didn't turn out very good - now we wish we would've went to a few so that maybe one would've been really good.

I envy you - wish we were going again. This time we would take time to relax though!!! Being our first cruise we wanted to see and do all - what a huge mistake. I'd enjoy the ship and/or port areas more instead of going off on an excursion at every port.

We were on our second Legend cruise last month. Our favorite CCL ship so far.

Embarkation is great, the port of Tampa is very well run and efficient. We have sailed from there 3 times so far and have yet to have a negative experience.

Spots not to miss:

The new Serenity deck is very nice, but you have to get there early to get a spot.

The Enchanted Forest is a nice, quiet out of the way interior spot.

STEAK HOUSE!!!!

Great to hear! I've been back and forth undecided about the Steak House but I'm going to check and see if I can still get reservations. Maybe they won't be full the first night.

We have early shore excursions all 4 port days so I'm hoping to get a spot early at the serenity deck on the two sea days.

We were on the Legend in February. Great ship - we loved the size/layout. We had the best waitstaff with Anytime Dining. Head waitress was Rosie and she had two assistants - one was Ida Baggins and I can't remember the other one - didn't really see much of him. But they were awesome. If you happen to meet Rosie please tell her that Dylan says hi (she called him Dielan - long i sound)!!! He's my son - absolutely fell in love with her!

Embarkation and debarkation were both a breeze. We arrived about 11:30 and got right on the ship - maybe stood in line for 10 minutes at most. We had #15 debarkation tags and we were off the ship and at our hotel by 9:30. The Lido was very crowded for breakfast that morning - next time I'd try the dining room.

I envy you - wish we were going again. This time we would take time to relax though!!! Being our first cruise we wanted to see and do all - what a huge mistake. I'd enjoy the ship and/or port areas more instead of going off on an excursion at every port.

I'm already starting to re-think all my shore excursions! That's good to know about embarkation since we are driving down and won't quite be in Tampa yet that morning.

I always do set dinner times so we're eating late. I'm glad that you had a good experience with Anytime, I may try that next. We'll tell Rosie that "Dielan" said hello!

Archived