Cabin 7600 - D1 category

I know this topic has come up before but having just come back from our May 1st sailing, wanted to share some information on this cabin.

We loved Deck 7 as it was so close to everything.

The bed is closer to the balcony which allows for a great view while in bed and we left the balcony door open most nights for the sound and breeze of the ocean. There is an ample amount of hangers and while we had enough shelf space, a couple of more drawers would be nice. We found the tiny shallow shelves near the desk and tv just a waste of space as we never used them (others may have). A nice feature was evening lighting in the bathroom for those middle of the evening visits :)

I dont know about others who had a D1 (larger balcony) but we had no luck getting our cabin steward to get us a lounge chair. While the balcony was a great size ( sorry no photos but perhaps 8 x 8) it has the same furniture as the other balconies which makes for a large empty space. IMHO, for the extra money we paid for a larger balcony, RCI could have at least made it a bit more worthwhile. Come on, even a foot stool would have been nice. So personally while I most definiltely would get an oceanview balcony again, dont see the need to pay extra for the larger balcony.

Thank You for the info we have 7600 in November thought the larger balcony would be great. Have only been on one cruise before on the Navigator had a D2 balcony and thought it was a little tight but it was great. Don't think I would ever go without a balcony as love having or coffee in the morning and a little relax time before dinner. So was the location was good thought it would be close to a lot of things.

We loved our coffee and snacks on the balcony too. Plus after hours with people at the pool etc, we enjoyed our quiet time.

The location is terrific. Close enough to the aft elevator to go right up to Deck 15, the pool and solarium, two flights down to the Starbucks and one flight up to Central Park. Plus the level was very quiet.

Hey and good luck, I would still ask the Cabin Steward Joe if he would get you a lounge chair or even foot stools.

It's one awesome ship, enjoy.

I dont know about others who had a D1 (larger balcony) but we had no luck getting our cabin steward to get us a lounge chair. So personally while I most definiltely would get an oceanview balcony again, dont see the need to pay extra for the larger balcony.

I thought I read on here somewhere that RC had backed off on this and was allowing the stewards to bring lounge chairs. I have a D1 balcony booked, but if we can't get lounge chairs, I may as well drop down to a D8 and save a few hundred bucks. :mad::( What did your steward say when you asked him for the lounge chair?

CARIBBEANBLUESKY

I thought so too. Perhaps others in another part of the ship got a better response. But Joe, our cabin steward who was very very nice basically said that he was so sorry, he is not allowed to do that. Trust me there are plenty of empty loungers all over the ship. They wouldnt be missed. My husband at one point was considering taking one himself. Dont think that would have been an easy sneak.

dkmiller3356

Dont know if the views are any better. What we did like, which may be odd is that the balcony floors are really nice (some soft material).

We did check out the "secret" spots that were mentioned here on decks 11 and 12 aft. They have loungers and so nice and quiet. On the day of the belly flop contest we had a perfect spot from there. Only problem is there are far from amenties (unless your cabins are on that level which yours are. Go all the way aft and you will see a door in the corner to this balcony with about a dozen loungers. Really nice.

CARIBBEANBLUESKY

dkmiller3356

Dont know if the views are any better. What we did like, which may be odd is that the balcony floors are really nice (some soft material).

We did check out the "secret" spots that were mentioned here on decks 11 and 12 aft. They have loungers and so nice and quiet. On the day of the belly flop contest we had a perfect spot from there. Only problem is there are far from amenties (unless your cabins are on that level which yours are. Go all the way aft and you will see a door in the corner to this balcony with about a dozen loungers. Really nice.

Thanks!!!

Archived