changing a seating time

mcsean

I just noticed that I am seated at 8:45 (second seating?), My brother and sister-in-law are seated at 6:15. I wanted to change to 6:15, as I don't remember a second seating ever being so late. I called Celebrity and they told me that the 6:15 is closed. The agent suggested that I speak to the maitre d'. Has anyone had a similar experience? I am a single.

Is this going to be a problem?

When is your cruise? Especially if it is still before final payment, I would think you'd have no problem changing, just keep checking back. The easiest way to do it is through your MyCelebrity account. There also seems to be an option on the website where you can link your reservation with other cruisers, which sounds like what you would want to do to eat with your other family members. If the earlier time is still not available, have you considered Select Dining?

A similar situation happened to me when I booked our upcoming cruise, we wanted select dining, or at worst, the late seating, but only early was available. I just kept checking our online booking every few days, and eventually the option we wanted opened up.

Good Luck!

I agree about checking online periodically.

I also agree about linking your reservations.

I'd also suggest calling back and re-explaining that you're a single, travelling w/ someone else and want to eat w/ them. You will need their booking number and full name. If you politely bug them enough you'll get moved.

As a last resort, if you go to the maitre'd ASAP when you board, you'll very likely be able to change to their table.

If you're already a Captain's Club member you could also try phoning the CC rep.

My problem was the opposite. When we booked I noticed we were at the 8:45PM seating (although I hadn't really requested it at that point). Later I wanted 'Select Seating' (before I'd paid my final amt.) and it was closed. I was able to change to 6:15 (which is better for us than 8:45). Our cruise is late June and we will likely NOT make it back from some shore excursions in time for our seating. So then I guess it'll be 'pot luck' around the ship if we haven't eaten on shore. I doubt we'll go hungry however.

Cheers. Jodie

As a single, I would say your chances of getting an early seating would be 90% once on board. :) Now if you want to sit with your family members, it will be lower.

Talk to the maitre d in the restaurant (2nd floor) when you board and ask to be seated early. Take your table assignment card from your stateroom when you see him. There will be single seats available at some larger tables. (Not eveyone travels in couples)

You also could move around every night. There will be empty seats all over with passengers skipping dinner or heading to the buffet or specialties. We see people waiting at the door every night until everyone is seated, and then they are taken to fill empty seats. Happens all the time.

Being a single actually makes changes easier.

Archived