First time in Suite.....

flyers1173

I'm pretty sure Comcast has a 10MB file size limit, which if really generous, as some systems tone it down to 5MB or even 4MB for some work sites. Best bet would probably be to post it on your personal web space provided by your ISP (hopefully your ISP provides personal web spaces).

You're going to love it! First time cruise or first time suite?

First time in a suite...we've been on the dawn twice, first time was just my wife and I, we had a balcony room and the second time we brought my kids and my sister, and we had a mini suite with an inside cabin across the hall. So this is our first time is a "suite." NCL ran a kids stay free promotion, so i jumped on it. 6 of us going, and I only had to pay for my wife and I.

First time in a suite...we've been on the dawn twice, first time was just my wife and I, we had a balcony room and the second time we brought my kids and my sister, and we had a mini suite with an inside cabin across the hall. So this is our first time is a "suite." NCL ran a kids stay free promotion, so i jumped on it. 6 of us going, and I only had to pay for my wife and I.

that is fabulous!

I'm almost 100% sure that you will not be able to have a lunch packed for you to take off the ship. In the past, the crew (butlers included) have been instructed not to assist passengers in packing picnic lunches. Partly that's because the cruise line considers the ship food to be for the ship and partly because the crew already has plenty to do onboard. But aside from those considerations, it is illegal to bring fresh food off the ship in most ports. I do not know for sure about Bermuda, but would guess that as an island nation they have extremely strict import laws.

I don't think I've seen juice boxes onboard, just pitchers and dispensers. For the other items, just call to ask for them as needed and your butler will be happy to oblige. There is usually a binder/book with all kinds of stuff, including menus. Generally, the soda package is not accepted for room service because that is cans and the soda package is for fountain soda. I suspect your butler would be willing to go get you fountain soda as long as you're not requesting it every 10 minutes. Since butlers have several suites to service, we try to combine requests for food and drinks and keep extras in the fridge or cupboards. There will be coffee and tea in your suite for the coffee maker, so no worries there.

Sounds like you're set for a fabulous time!

beachchick

I'm almost 100% sure that you will not be able to have a lunch packed for you to take off the ship. In the past, the crew (butlers included) have been instructed not to assist passengers in packing picnic lunches. Partly that's because the cruise line considers the ship food to be for the ship and partly because the crew already has plenty to do onboard. But aside from those considerations, it is illegal to bring fresh food off the ship in most ports. I do not know for sure about Bermuda, but would guess that as an island nation they have extremely strict import laws.

I don't think I've seen juice boxes onboard, just pitchers and dispensers. For the other items, just call to ask for them as needed and your butler will be happy to oblige. There is usually a binder/book with all kinds of stuff, including menus. Generally, the soda package is not accepted for room service because that is cans and the soda package is for fountain soda. I suspect your butler would be willing to go get you fountain soda as long as you're not requesting it every 10 minutes. Since butlers have several suites to service, we try to combine requests for food and drinks and keep extras in the fridge or cupboards. There will be coffee and tea in your suite for the coffee maker, so no worries there.

Sounds like you're set for a fabulous time!

beachchick

That's why i was thinking cans and boxes and cartons, so the butler wasn't running around for us. Just put it in there and let it go. :) can't wait!

Bermuda is very strict with what can come off the ship so the lunch from butler is doubtful. I remember the ship couldn't have limes aboard because of a Bermuda regulation according to the bartender.

Bermuda is very strict with what can come off the ship so the lunch from butler is doubtful. I remember the ship couldn't have limes aboard because of a Bermuda regulation according to the bartender.

I second that. If the port rules say no food is allowed off the ship, the rules (actually Bermuda laws) are there for a reason. Please don't break the law for convenience! :)

Robin

Archived