Fish Fry Drink Food/ Drink Prices + Jitney hours

weneedavacationasap

Thinking of going to Fish Fry on Sat night and wondering what the food/ drink prices are there. I am assuming more reasonable than Senor Frogs?

Another question, I know we are to take the #10 jitney to/ from there. Any idea what time bus service ends?

here's the menu for twin Brothers.. most spots have similar menus and pricing. i'm not necessariliy recommending this place. I favor Oh Andros or Goldies these days.

http://www.twinbrothersbahamas.com/dynamicdata/Menu.asp

As for the jitney, they stop running around 6:30pm although you may find a stray bus for another 30 minutes or so..

You'll need to depend on a cab for the evening.. they are plentiful and hang out at the fish fry for your ride home.

Keep in mind you can walk back to the cruise port.

There is a scenic, paved or concrete walkway along the beach front. Probably takes around 20 minutes to walk. Even if you stagger a little, I dont think it would take longer then 30 minutes.

They also have some benches placed along the route, you can sit down, take in the sights. You may be able to stretch that 20 minutes into a hour or more . . .

As for the walk being scenic, I took this picture walking that pathway.

ParadiseIslandLightHouse.jpg

This was a good day!

Keep in mind you can walk back to the cruise port.

There is a scenic, paved or concrete walkway along the beach front. Probably takes around 20 minutes to walk. Even if you stagger a little, I dont think it would take longer then 30 minutes.

They also have some benches placed along the route, you can sit down, take in the sights. You may be able to stretch that 20 minutes into a hour or more . . .

As for the walk being scenic, I took this picture walking that pathway.

ParadiseIslandLightHouse.jpg

This was a good day!

The area is called the western esplanade.. sound relaxing.. doesn't it. It's a nice walk along the beach.. for sure.

Is it hard to find the beach path from the cruise port? How much should a cab charge you returning from the fish fry?

If you're going during the day, would it be better to get the jitney rather than a cab - and if so, where do you catch it at the frish fry?

We were thinking of walking up and then taking some sort of transportation back.

As far as the beach path goes, it's not difficult at all. When you get off the pier and you're on the main street there, you just take the sidewalk and go right. It wraps around some buildings and then follows the beach all the way to the Fish Fry.

We were able to take a cab back for $8 for the 2 of us. He initially said $12 and my DH asked "how about $8" and he was happy to do it. He was very nice and talked our ear off on the way back (which is probably good as Nassau driving can be nerve-wracking to look at).

Archived