Capri boat tours

jacksoncruisers

It depends on what time your ship departs. I would go in the morning right from where the ferry drops you off. If you go in the afternoon it might be too close to the ferry departure time back to Naples. We used Capritime and did this tour with some people from our roll call. It was a beautiful ride around the island.

http://www.capritimeboats.com/

All the sea traffic is right around the marina (Marina Grande) and is really not an issue as you motor around the island. Keep in mind that Capri is a charming place and you should leave enough time to enjoy the island as opposed to simply riding in a circle around an island. We have been to Capri many times and our favorite things to do are just walking in Capri Town, browsing the high quality shops (a little like Rodeo Driver in LA) and walking to the back side of the island. We also love going up to Anacapri and taking the single chair lift up to the top of the mountain where the views are spectacular. But all of this takes time (especially going up to Anacapri and the chair lift) so one must plan accordingly. IMHO a boat around the island is OK, but its just a boat around an island. If you are interested in going to the Blue Grotto (a great tourist trap) the boat that gets you from Marina Grande to the cave will give you more then enough to see as opposed to going the whole way round.

Hank

IMHO a boat around the island is OK, but its just a boat around an island. If you are interested in going to the Blue Grotto (a great tourist trap) the boat that gets you from Marina Grande to the cave will give you more then enough to see as opposed to going the whole way round.

I can't agree. Okay - if you insist on going on those public boats then possibly a boat is a boat, but do it properly (we chartered a 32 knot fifty foot Baia powerboat) and it is a trip of a lifetime.

And I can assure you, you'll feel a million dollars arriving at the Blue Grotto, with everyone looking at your boat and the small rowing boats competing for your custom.....

WD

I can't agree. Okay - if you insist on going on those public boats then possibly a boat is a boat, but do it properly (we chartered a 32 knot fifty foot Baia powerboat) and it is a trip of a lifetime.

And I can assure you, you'll feel a million dollars arriving at the Blue Grotto, with everyone looking at your boat and the small rowing boats competing for your custom.....

WD

I hear you. But never felt like a million dollars at the Blue Grotto...but rather thought of it as a tourist trap that most must do at least once (we did it too). Do not get me wrong as DW and I really like Capri and have been there about half a dozen times (whenever we vacation on the Amalfi Coast). But we find being on the island a better option than cruising around it! But its one of those things where different folks have different priorities.

Hank

Archived