29 Days and Counting!

I haven't posted in a while. I am getting married on the Carnival Fascination on June 11th. Life has been SO busy between getting ready for the wedding, getting my daughter set up for cheerleading starting at the end of the summer, finishing up the last month of her kindergarten year, finding out that her teacher thinks she needs to be evaluated of ADHD and dealing with feuding families! Wow! I have so much on my plate.

I don't feel like I'm ready for the wedding AT all! I still haven't sent my guest list in, I am waiting on one driver's license number which hopefully I will have before the end of the weekend. I called Carnival Wedding Department on Monday and they said that as long as I had it in by next Friday, the 20th I'd be okay. I'm still frustrated because I had every intention of having it in 2 weeks ago at minimum.

I still have to buy my slip to wear underneath my dress... or something of the equivilant. My dress is very flowy (not sure if that's a word), so I'm not sure that I exactly need a full slip, but I think I am going to get Spanx to wear underneath it so you can't see my panty line. Maybe TMI, but oh well.

I need to fix up my frame that I am using for the sand ceremony. I'm worried about even doing the sand ceremony now, as I don't want to have a mess of sand if for some reason spills in my bags, or have the sand go all crazy and settle or whatever. Not sure what to do there.

I have to make the mixed CD with the 3 songs that I want for the DJ to play for the first dance, my fiance's dance with my daughter, and out wedding party entrance to the reception. I'm making a mixed CD and if they don't play it, I'm just going to go with the flow. I may bring an MP3 player as well, just in case.

I am stressed about getting our bags all packed, as I also have to pack for my 6 year old who will be cruising and staying with my Dad and Stepmom, AND my step son's bag for the 2 night stay in Florida beforehand.

Our plan was that my step son was going to ride back to Alabama, to his mom's house, with my mom, stepdad and sister. Now my mom is wishy washy as to whether she will be able to make it or not. She's so fickle, and undependable but that's an entirely different subject all together. We have a back up plan, though, but we will wait until closer to the wedding to see what's going on with my mom. He may end up riding back with my fiance's stepsister, but we don't want to change plans with his mom until we know for sure.

I am debating on whether we should decorate our room, "Just Married" or not. I'm leaning towards doing, so. As if, I don't already have enough on my plate, I have to figure out the best materials to decorate with now.

I am worried that my daughter will misbehave in Camp Carnival, and I am really hoping that the child psychologist will be able to act fast, and have her on medication before then if it's needed. I'm not counting on it though.

Then to top it all off... OMG! My fiance's step sister and step mother decided they wanted to throw my a Bridal Shower... I wasn't expecting one. It's my second marriage and we've lived together for 3 years. At any rate, she called my mom to get addresses, and my mom requested that they change the date because apparently my cousin's graduation party is on the same day. They ended up getting into an arguement because my soon-to-be step sister in law thought she was saying she was choosing my cousin over me, which wasn't the case. She was just worried that nobody in my family would be able to make it because of that. Anyway, step sister ended up hanging up on her. Sooooo, I had to be brought into the middle of the drama. It was a bunch of dramatic bull crap, but whatever.

I am super excited and hoping that I can get us on the Newlywed game. That's the highlight of the trip if it's possible. I already have my dressed picked out for that day and everything.

Any advice or questions, anybody?

Archived