Miami hotels

savvyria

IMO the best views are from the Biscayne Bay Marriott, by far the best views as you can see them coming up the entire channel and see them on the waterside, the other hotels they're partially blocked by the terminal or other buildings. It's also quite reasonably priced... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miabb

You can also see the ships from the Intercontinental... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/miaha%3Firs=null

And I believe you also can see parts of them from the Holiday Inn... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/miabb

You can't see the ships from ALL rooms at those hotels though, you have to tell them what view you want.

The Marriott is offering this same package for $209 per night. I contacted them to inquire about the $259 rate and they didn't offer it anymore, just when I was disappointed she said it was $209 and included children at no extra charge.

I really only wanted to spend $150 max. for our pre-cruise but it looks like this could work out really well as far as included transportation goes.

any ideas about taxis to the hotel from the airport?

We used Priceline.com and got a beautiful room at the Hyatt Pier 66 for $92.

We woke up to see our fabulous Caribbean Princess docked and waiting for us to board. Great price for a fabulous hotel!

Just as an FYI, the OP was asking about a MIAMI hotel with a view of the Port of Miami, and the Hyatt Pier 66 is in Fort Lauderdale with a (great) view of Port Everglades.

LOL, well I haven't been on all day. Okay, you mean this one... http://www.thepalmshotel.com/

I haven't been in that one, so I can't comment on the rooms. The location would still be a bit of a walk to get to the interesting parts of South Beach - 15-20 blocks. I guess it depends on how athletic or energetic you are.

oh man ok ill keep trying. ha i think im getting closer though. cant do much in south beach with teenagers anyway prob, but close to some stores and resturants is nice. they claim to be 2 blocks from south beach. i dunno i have to check out this place its confusing me somehow. ha:o

Your teens won't be able to get into the clubs, but there are a LOT of restaurants and shops. There are many MANY sidewalk cafes along Ocean Drive, and many MANY shops along Collins and Washington Avenues - The majority are between 5th and 15th Streets, so you can see how far you would have to walk from the 3000 block.

yea i guess your right i just hate paying rack rate of 369 for marroitt south beach. dont you have any pull down there? ha just kidding . it makes the time pass while i await the cruise. gonna snow again this week. what weather. uggg

Yeah, I can certainly understand not wanting to pay THAT much, but unfortunately I don't know anyone there so I can't help. I wish I did, but I've only been in the place because some friends stayed there a few months ago. Those others aren't THAT far, it's just that it wouldn't be fun to walk from them. I would think you would need to take taxis to and from them as it is a bit of a hike - A lot farther than *I* would want to walk.

Ugh, I remember snow... It was really nice here today, sunny & in the low 80's... It's suppose to be in the mid 80's the rest of the week so I guess you can look forward to THAT! ;)

Archived