Few Kid-related Questions for 1st Timers on Allure

We are cruising with DS 7 in a little over 3 weeks. We have cruised on other lines but not RCCI. We had a few questions.

1) Do the kids that do the kids' club get a wrist band for a muster area like they do on CCL?

2) Does the Allure have any waterslides? DS is too small for the Flowrider. He is only 42 lbs., and we saw much bigger kids get knocked down at a similar thing last summer. He was a little afraid.

3) Can we pre-register him for the kids' club online? We weren't able to find anything at the RCCI website other than the waivers.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your patience.

Hi there!

I can answer the first question for ya! (based upon last year's cruise on the Adventure that is)

Children are given a bracelet as they first board the ship with the location of their muster station. These are those plastic type bracelet that are intended to be worn all week long (we put our cell # on the backside)

Not sure about the other two questions. Usually the RCI ships have no slides BUT the AOS did have a tiny slide as part of their H2O zone so it my be a hit and miss kind of thing.

Good questions! If I find out I can pre-register my DD8 for the Adventure ocean I will GLADLY do it as the line to do it the first evening was so outrageous that they cut off the line at 9pm and told the rest to come back in the morning!!

See my answers below. If I can answer anything else, please feel free to ask.

We are cruising with DS 7 in a little over 3 weeks. We have cruised on other lines but not RCCI. We had a few questions.

1) Do the kids that do the kids' club get a wrist band for a muster area like they do on CCL? Yep, they actually get it before you even board the ship. In the Oasis/Allure terminal there is a table when you go upstairs (after security, checking in and taking the obligatory picture) that will will "check in" your kids and put their bracelets on that indicate the muster drill station on them. This was the process when we boarded Oasis in November, not sure if they have changed it.

2) Does the Allure have any waterslides? DS is too small for the Flowrider. He is only 42 lbs., and we saw much bigger kids get knocked down at a similar thing last summer. He was a little afraid. Nope, no water slides on Allure. But the H2O zone is great, my kids played for hours. There are so many pools to choose from and so much to do, I do think your son will miss the water slide too much ;)

3) Can we pre-register him for the kids' club online? We weren't able to find anything at the RCCI website other than the waivers. As of right now, RCI still does not pre-register the kids for Adventure Ocean (AO) online. We usually just head to open house/registration early afternoon and it never takes more than 5 minutes. Being able to fill out the forms ahead of time would be nice though.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your patience.

Do they have to put the bracelet on their wrist? I know this sounds like a strange question, but on a previous cruise, we found that it was a problem when we had pictures taken on the ship. It was a bright orange or green color that you couldn't miss. Parents on that cruise gave us the tip that we should put the wristband around his ankle next time we cruised CCL.

Do they have to put the bracelet on their wrist? I know this sounds like a strange question, but on a previous cruise, we found that it was a problem when we had pictures taken on the ship. It was a bright orange or green color that you couldn't miss. Parents on that cruise gave us the tip that we should put the wristband around his ankle next time we cruised CCL.

I am not 100% positive, but I think RCI requires the bracelet to be on the wrist. But it couldn't hurt to ask.

in the h2o zone my kids 4 and 9 LOVED the whilpool. its a pool that the water goes around and around. its about 12feet in diameter. one thing i wish we would have brought was my youngest water float vest since the ship does not suppy or have any to buy on the ship. actually my 4yr got more confident in swimming this trip from having fun in the whirlpool with his dad.

Just a few tips about the wrist bands and seapass cards:

1 - our 2 kids put the wrist bands on opposite arms (not that we planned that) and it worked great for pictures becuase they could always hide the wrist band arm behind their sibling.

- and when they were alone, the photographers were great about reminding them to cover or hide it.

2 - sunscreen (especially the spray kind) seems to wipe the ink off of not only the wrist bands but also the kids seapass cards very easily. So be careful. It makes a mess, but we had trouble (only for a few minutes) reboarding at St. Maarten because the security guy could not read my daughters name on her card.

So off we went to guest services to get the kids new cards, since they wanted them to keep. I suppose we could have gotten new wrist bands too, but the color I think is enough for an emergency.

3 - We went to AO to check them in around 1:00 the first day. There was no line and the forms only took about 5 minutes. And they will give the kids a lanyard for their seapass cards, which really came in handy all week.

I found some sunscreen that was supposed to be not just sweatproof but "waterproof". It is a new kind by Nutragena or Aveeno that is for kids. I wonder if that would make the ink problem better or worse. We usually either get the Nutragena or Aveeno that is the sports sunscreen (sweatproof, etc.). I was a little curious about the kids sport kind that I mentioned. Thanks for the tip. With a 7yo, we keep his card or else we would never see it again.

Archived