Self Debarkation questions

Hello,

We'll be on the Radiance. We have an 8:00 am tour scheduled for debarkation day. We are thinking of doing the self debarkation. Have not done this before.

I'm assuming the best option would be to order our breakfast in our cabin early and then just leave with our bags.

Anyone know if room service is available or not the last day?

Also if you've done self debarkation, do they make an announcement on when to leave? or do they tell you in advance what time to get off the ship?

Hello,

We'll be on the Radiance. We have an 8:00 am tour scheduled for debarkation day. We are thinking of doing the self debarkation. Have not done this before.

I'm assuming the best option would be to order our breakfast in our cabin early and then just leave with our bags.

Also if you've done self debarkation, do they make an announcement on when to leave? or do they tell you in advance what time to get off the ship?

Is this a ship sponsored tour? If yes I don´t think self debarkation is the way to go.

If it´s a private one. With self debarkation there will be announcement as to when you will have to leave just like with regular debarkation.

No room service on the last morning.

Hello,

Booking an 8AM tour is, IMHO, risky, because there is no guarantee that you will be off the ship at 8AM. No one is allowed to disembark until the ship has been cleared.

Room Service is not available on debarkation day.

If self-debarkation is available for your sailing, then those guests are given special instructions as to where to meet. And yes, there will be announcements.

Yes, it's a private tour. (Salmonberry Tours) It's a transfer tour from Seward to Anchorage. So far, we're the only 3 customers she has. She says she picks up her transfer clients at 8:00 am.

I think we dock at 4:00 am in Seward. In this case, she can't really leave without us since we are her only fares, and it is deemed a "transfer".

If something happens and the ship detains us longer, I can just give her a call on her cell phone.

We just have never done the self debarkation. I'm thinking it might be a bit faster than the usual debarkation process.

Thanks for the info on the room service not being available. I could not remember how that went. It's been a while since we've cruised.

We are just off the Radiance, however when it was doing the runs from Tampa. On those sailings the Radiance did not offer self disembarkation.

It has been the only RCL ship that we have been on that has not offered it. Not sure if it is Tampa specific???

We are just off the Radiance, however when it was doing the runs from Tampa. On those sailings the Radiance did not offer self disembarkation.

It has been the only RCL ship that we have been on that has not offered it. Not sure if it is Tampa specific???

It might have been Tampa specific, because when she was sailing of our San Diego, she did offer self-debarkation for a while.

Yes, it's a private tour. (Salmonberry Tours) It's a transfer tour from Seward to Anchorage. So far, we're the only 3 customers she has. She says she picks up her transfer clients at 8:00 am.

I think we dock at 4:00 am in Seward. In this case, she can't really leave without us since we are her only fares, and it is deemed a "transfer".

If something happens and the ship detains us longer, I can just give her a call on her cell phone.

We just have never done the self debarkation. I'm thinking it might be a bit faster than the usual debarkation process.

Thanks for the info on the room service not being available. I could not remember how that went. It's been a while since we've cruised.

Just off Liberty in Barcelona, so maybe not relevant, but

No room service last day

Self debarking, can be done as soon as the gangway is opened. They make an anouncement and you just get off the ship carrying your stuff.

Like I said that was Barcelona. She's not going to leave without you so dont stress about it.

Thanks guys.

I found more info on a thread from last summer. It said the Radiance started calling numbers beginning at 6:00 am. So if that's the case, we probably don't need to worry about self debarkation. I just didn't want to be rushed and worry whether I should do my own luggage or not.

Archived