Thankyou Richard and BillB!

Lvs2Cruise2

Hi.. I just returned 2 weeks ago from my full transit Panama Canal cruise. (We did the 10 day Acapulco to Ft. Lauderdale transit.. the last one Princess will offer :( ) We absolutely LOVED it! It is by far my favorite cruise (it was our 9th cruise)

I want to thank both of you for all of your helpful information on these boards! I read for months before learning so much. You both are so knowledgable about this cruise. We had Dr. Thomas Ryan narrating our transit and I can't say enough how wonderful he was too.

My only disappointment was we did NOT stop in Panama for any length of time. We had a 3-4 hour stop in Colon for shopping and it was a complete rat race! I would have loved to take a tour and see the sights but was unable to because of time restraints. The people of Panama were VERY friendly and not in the least pushy salespeople. Well.. maybe next time!

Thankyou again for all of your help and input!

You are welcome and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise. Since you did get a chance to really do any tours in Panama, that's a great excuse to go back!!! I too am a little disappointed that Princess will not be offering that 10 day trip from FLL-ACA, we were giving serious thought in doing a B2B from FLL next season.

Happy Sailing!

Hi Richard,

How is the conversion to Kindle going?;)

Relates here only because it's about getting my book, YOUR DAY IN THE PANAMA CANAL, into Kindle format. Since I'm back from the world cruise it's on my agenda and I'd appreciate advice on how to convert from a Word doc to HTML without having to do all the HTML myself! If you've got ideas let me know but offline from CC since it really on tangentially ties in. Regards, Richard

• 2 months later...
Hi Richard,

How is the conversion to Kindle going?;)

Oxenford, OK, you kept bugging me . . . and since this tread degenerated into hounding me to get my book "Your Day In The Panama Canal" into Kindle . . . well, nothing is easy. During the process it became evident to me that most people taking a Canal cruise don't intuitively relate to "Northbound" and "Southbound" which is in fact how the Canal runs, unless you want to be really technical, as I'm sure some of you will, the SE and NW. Most people think of the Canal as the path between the seas going from the Caribbean to the Pacific, so east - west, not north - south. And some folks, researching for their Canal voyage, haven't yet decided on which direction. All of this led to me redoing the entire book, now CRUISING THE PANAMA CANAL, and yes, Oxenford it IS finally in Kindle as well.

I understand that it's easier to take your Kindle than pay for an extra suitcase full of books . . . but I like to fondle and caress my books as well as scribble comments in the margin and read them in the hot tub.

Regards, Richard

I understand that it's easier to take your Kindle than pay for an extra suitcase full of books . . . but I like to fondle and caress my books as well as scribble comments in the margin and read them in the hot tub.

Thanks, Richard! I have downloaded your book to my Kindle and am very much looking forward to reading it.

I've had my Kindle since January and wonder how I ever lived without it. I definitely read more now since it's so light and portable I can take it with me everywhere in my purse. You can make notes and highlight passages, just like you would with a paper book.

The company I work for has a water-resistant eReader case - check it out at caselogic.com, it is model number EWS-101. While I haven't tried it out in a hot tub, I have "tested" it on a lounger by the pool, at the beach (it's also sand-resistant!), and even in a light rain!

- Lisa

The company I work for has a water-resistant eReader case - check it out at caselogic.com, it is model number EWS-101. While I haven't tried it out in a hot tub, I have "tested" it on a lounger by the pool, at the beach (it's also sand-resistant!), and even in a light rain!

REALLY! You might convert me yet!

Regards, Richard

Archived