Princess Receptions

Hey, has anyone here ever done a reception on Princess? We were just planning on taking everyone to one of the premium restaurants but now that we're getting a good response from people who want to join us, we're thinking about a reception. What is the benefit of choosing a reception? What's included? Do they at least allow some time and a sound system for first dance & daddy/daughter dance?

Any input you've got on this would be great.

Thanks!

The biggest benefit of having a receptions are...

- music

- embarkation day (I assume you're having your wedding in the middle of the cruise vs. embarkation, but that is the main reason I am having a reception)

- private location (if you dine, even as part of the reception, it is NOT private)

It's pretty much the closest thing you can get to an at home reception, only you don't get a sit down meal. It has to be h'orderves, pasta stations, meat stations, etc. But if you're having your reception in the middle of the cruise, you don't really need a sit down meal since well, you do that all the time anyway during the cruise. :P

Any other questions, let me know!

Yeah, we're doing one of the at sea days.

My main concern is getting to do the dances. I think that I might miss that if we don't do it. If we want to have a private reception, I assume we wouldn't want to go with one of the brunches?

Also, would it be weird to do the hors d'oeuvres and bar reception and then just make a reservation for the group at the MDR? Not sure how I feel about the food station idea- many people in my family are rather picky, vegetarians and/or have some strange allergies so I don't really want to tack on $30-$40 a head for them to not eat and just go to the MDR later.

Also, would it be weird to do the hors d'oeuvres and bar reception and then just make a reservation for the group at the MDR? Not sure how I feel about the food station idea- many people in my family are rather picky, vegetarians and/or have some strange allergies so I don't really want to tack on $30-$40 a head for them to not eat and just go to the MDR later.

I think that makes perfect sense. You do your ceremony then have a reception of open bar and h'orderves with music and then end the day with eating together in the MDR. It'll definitely save you money! The food stations are SO expensive but when you have an embarkation day wedding, there is no choice!

Archived