Reward for missing cruise-in-review DVD's

This is truly a shot in the dark, but I lost two Royal Caribbean Cruise-In-Review DVD's from 2004 and 2005, respectively, and of course the company that produces the videos does not archive them beyond one year. If you happen to have been on these same cruises and have those review DVD's, I will pay a $50 reward for each (those DVDs initially retailed at $29.95). The exact dates and ship names are posted below. Again, a longshot, but would be great to have these memories back if someone happens to have a copy.

(Both ships out of Port of Miami)

Majesty of the Seas, May 31-June 4, 2004

Voyager of the Seas, December 24-31, 2005

Thanks, Scott

IMG_20110520_162847.jpg.2956909e02a1a59cba15675c17009688.jpg

This is truly a shot in the dark, but I lost two Royal Caribbean Cruise-In-Review DVD's from 2004 and 2005, respectively, and of course the company that produces the videos does not archive them beyond one year. If you happen to have been on these same cruises and have those review DVD's, I will pay a $50 reward for each (those DVDs initially retailed at $29.95). The exact dates and ship names are posted below. Again, a longshot, but would be great to have these memories back if someone happens to have a copy.

(Both ships out of Port of Miami)

Majesty of the Seas, May 31-June 4, 2004

Voyager of the Seas, December 24-31, 2005

Thanks, Scott

Oh Rats I have one of the sovereign of the seas

Thanks for the replies guys, I certainly appreciate the efforts and hopefully someone out there has what I'm looking for. I figured I might have an outside shot in that at least with the 2005 one it was a peak-time cruise over Xmas, but there are just so darn many voyages the odds are slim! I still have the DVDs of my other 4 cruises (Voyager of the Seas December 2003, Navigator of the Seas March 2004, Explorer of the Seas December 2004, Voyager of the Seas March 2005) in case anyone is in the same boat as me (please excuse the bad pun). In the case of the 2003 video it was actually in VHS format so I was wondering to anyone out there that has older cruise-in-reviews if they didn't start making them in DVD format until more recently?

I know it seems weird( like who would sell them??) but have you tried eBay? But sometimes vendors buy whole lots of things and then just toss it all on eBay, so you never know. And even if it's a hairbrained idea- it bumped your thread again ;)

Good luck! There is nothing more heart breaking than losing your memories. If I had more time I have thought about making a missing pictures website. If someone finds a camera they could post the photos with tags ( say tropical, winter, blond family) and then people who lost their photos could search online for them by topic of identifying details. Probably already exsists, but I thought it was a helpful idea!!

• 3 weeks later...

Familygoboston, no luck on Ebay but where could I find roll calls on here? (I am not too familiar with the site). Also, great idea on the missing pictures thing because I myself failed to bring a camera on one of them (not to mention Facebook hadn't emerged in 2004). Dawnmariex, that is a good call, do people post lost and found type stuff in that section?

Too bad about ebay...the roll calls are on the Cruise Critic Boards.

I'm thnking if you hit your back button, you'll get back to the root menu "Cruise Critic Boards" and then select "roll calls". Or try the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

All the ships are listed and you'll need to find Majesty and Voayger and probably go to the 2nd 3rd (4th?) page to find such old inactive rolls. Unfortunately Cruise Critic has announced they are deleting some large threads, and I don't know if that includes old roll calls, but it's worth checking! If you post, Im sure there are some poeple who have been on those rolls who never bothered to unsubscribe and they might get an email and maybe have your DVDs.

Good luck with your search!

Yeah I figured Ebay might be tough. Unfortunately the roll call lists only seemed to have ships from this year but what I was wondering was if there was a way to search by which ones members have been on. Like for example I notice most members who post list all their voyages and so maybe I could find it that way and then message them? The Majesty was a short voyage so that might be tougher but the other missing DVD is from a 1-week Christmas cruise and those are quite popular so I thought I might have a shot!

Yeah I figured Ebay might be tough. Unfortunately the roll call lists only seemed to have ships from this year but what I was wondering was if there was a way to search by which ones members have been on. Like for example I notice most members who post list all their voyages and so maybe I could find it that way and then message them? The Majesty was a short voyage so that might be tougher but the other missing DVD is from a 1-week Christmas cruise and those are quite popular so I thought I might have a shot!

You could start another thread with the name of the ship and date in the title?? For instance

Anyone cruise the Voyager Dec 24-31,2005??

those people may not even read this thread figuring it doesn't pertain to them.

Good luck!

yeah that's a better idea, also if i come across someone that was on one of those cruises how do i send a private message to them?

There isnt a private message available on here......you'll have to exchange in an email,I guess.

hmm that's a little frustrating, how do you get their emails, I don't think they list them? (sorry for the questions this site is new to me and i find navigating through it difficult at times!)

No,you just have to put yours in a post....

Archived