Burnie, Tasmania port question

clr0806

It appears the car hire companies do not open until 9am. Ship arrives at 6am. We leave port at 5pm. 8 hour ship tour is pricey but it looks like by the time you get the car and have to return it at best you get a good safe 6 hours. Has anyone done any Hal excursions at this port? If you rented a car what was your experience? Would you have done a ships tour if you could have another 2 hours to see sights?

It appears the car hire companies do not open until 9am. Ship arrives at 6am. We leave port at 5pm. 8 hour ship tour is pricey but it looks like by the time you get the car and have to return it at best you get a good safe 6 hours. Has anyone done any Hal excursions at this port? If you rented a car what was your experience? Would you have done a ships tour if you could have another 2 hours to see sights?

I have a car booked with Avis In Burnie. Pick up times are between 7.30am and 11.30 am drop off is betwen 3pm and 5pm. it is located at the Bayside Burnie. I hope this helps. The only thing I am not sure of is how far from the port to the car hire office and how I will make this journey, hoping a shuttle or a taxi is available.

• 6 months later...
I have a car booked with Avis In Burnie. Pick up times are between 7.30am and 11.30 am drop off is betwen 3pm and 5pm. it is located at the Bayside Burnie. I hope this helps. The only thing I am not sure of is how far from the port to the car hire office and how I will make this journey, hoping a shuttle or a taxi is available.

We will be in Burnie In Feb and are thinking about renting a car. Can you let me know how it went? Thanks.

Archived