small beach near Cozumel

Canada1lb

We did a private excursion in Cozumel a few years ago with a group, where we went to the ruins near there, and did a tour.

Our driver took us to a small beach between there and Cozumel for a few hours. I do not remember the name of it, as I did not book it, but he gave us wrist bands that covered the entrance fee. There was a small food place there, where we had delicious chips and salsa. There was volleyball, snorkel gear, kayaks, and chairs available. I would love to know exactly where it was, as we are heading to Cozumel again on a cruise this summer, and would love to just go there to hang out for the day with our group.

Can anyone help me with identifying where this might have been? If it helps, the photos in this Facebook album were taken there: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.31471975918.51588.519530918&l=b8c03252c5

Thanks to anyone who can identify this location!!

Hard to tell from the pictures, but if you stayed to the north end of the island, with the town on your left once you headed back from San Gervasio, looks like you went to Playa Azul. Was there a small hotel there? BTW, the whole island is Cozumel, not just the port. The town is San Miguel.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but if you stayed to the north end of the island, with the town on your left once you headed back from San Gervasio, looks like you went to Playa Azul. Was there a small hotel there? BTW, the whole island is Cozumel, not just the port. The town is San Miguel.

My error! :o going from your discription of touring the ruins I miss read that you did a tour afterward and assumed you stayed north. At home on FB, I was able to look closer at the photos. The Palapa/tiki hut and sign behind you in the group photo are from Playa Palancar which is toward the south west corner just north of the lighthouse, Punta Sur. Also, on one of the kayaks, you can make out "Palancar". This is a great beach and good food and drinks. Not crowded at all. Your driver did good.

Archived