Where does the Eurodam dock in Stockholm

vmcpa

Last July we docked in an area that did not seem that walking friendly.

Other travelers told us to take the ship shuttle or HOHO buses.

The docks are near Old Town, which I found the most interesting near the Royal Palace.

I think the HOHO bus was more economical than the ship shuttle into town.

It however took you only to the Vasa Museum initially because the HOHO buses did not start their routes until about 2 hours after docking time. But the Vasa was not open for about another 90 minutes. We decided to walk into center of town. It was about a 35 minute walk along the harbor back to the Kings Garden.

We just jumped on the HOHO bus from that location once they really started operating.

Would be best to search the northern Europe board.

Al Fresco, a Stockholm local, has lots of info about where each ship will be docking. My understanding is that some cruises dock in town, while some are out at Nynashamn

pete

I was last in Stockholm two years ago on QUEEN VICTORIA. We were berthed at the cruise terminal which is across the harbour from the main part of the city. Shuttle buses were provided... too far to walk. I would assume HAL will provide transport in this port also. If not you will need a taxi.

Lots to do in Stockholm. We boarded a small steamer for a trip up through the islands. Disembarked for a few hours at one of the islands then returned same way. Great day... if you like old steam ferries.... and the most beautiful scenery.

Stephen

We loved Stockholm but it was a Sunday and nothing much was going on early in the day. We were docked at Stadsgarten where I think you will be. We did take the ship's bus into the main part of the city and walked to the park where the VASA is. You must see this ship! Then we walked around the park and took a ferry to the Old Town. Again we walked around this interesting site and had a lunch with loads of herring and eventually walked back to the ship. Lo and behold, that afternoon they had a Swedish party at the end of the Lido with many types of herring and seafood and Local liquor. Who knew!!

We used Swedish money for the ferry only. We picked this up at the VASA museum when we used US money for a few trinkets. We charged everything else to VISA. Scandinavian ports are very expensive.

We visited Stockholm in 2009 on the Eurodam and docked just across from the city - in the harbour. There was a cheap and frequent ferry service from the dock to the old city, new city, Vasa (fantastic) and other points - circulating all day. No need for wasted walking. However other ships docked further away and I'm unsure of their ferry status.

Archived