Carnival snorkeling options

Sam22

Which excursion?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which excursion?

• Barrier Reef Snorkel with Beach Break
    • Goff's Caye

So, for our stop in Belize in August we're trying to decide which excursiont o go with through Carnival. We are trying to decide between Goff's Caye or the Barrier Reef Snorkel with Beach Break. Both are about the same price so that doesn't really matter. Also, this will be our first time snorkeling. Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on which one they prefered let me know! Thanks a lot

Oh, Please don't tell me to book with a private company, I've done that at a few of our stops but for this one I want to book through the cruise line

For a beginning/first time snorkeler, I'd vote Goff's Caye. It'll give you some options if snorkeling isn't your thing, with a palapa hut, BBQ pit, nice sandy beach, etc. The reef' there's not as pristine as it once was due to the traffic, but still nice. The Barrier Reef tour is primarily off the boat, and if snorkeling doesn't work for you, you're left sitting on the boat until what ever place they pull up to for a beach break happens. I think the snorkeling experience would be better in terms of reef and wildlife, but many first time snorkelers have problems with their masks and breathing tubes and panic causing the guides to spend a lot of time with them. Also poor swimmers will hold up the progress for everyone else. Can become a bit of a cattle call too, depending on the number of cruisers on the excursion.

Archived