Any experienced regional jet travelers???

ute_fan

We need to fly to Houston in May for a cruise on the NCL Sun. The best pricing for our trip is currently on Continental -- but what worries me is that the flight is on an Embraer 145 jet. I don't particularly like to fly to begin with, and the thought of flying on a smaller plane is even worse.

Just wondering if any one has any experience with these jets -- do they tend to be a lot "bouncier" than the big ones? The flight is about 3 hours -- is the smaller plane less comfortable?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

that the flight is on an Embraer 145 jet. I don't particularly like to fly to begin with, and the thought of flying on a smaller plane is even worse.

Just wondering if any one has any experience with these jets -- do they tend to be a lot "bouncier" than the big ones? The flight is about 3 hours -- is the

I have flown on ERJ's before. Actually, takeoff and landing have been smoother than 737's. The actual flights have been very smooth.

And if you're tall, you can't stand up straight due to the lower ceiling. The Embraer is much better than the Bombardier if you like looking out the windows (the Bombardier windows are smaller and lower); and the Embrarer seats are two aisles in a 1-2 configuration, so if you're flying alone, you can have a window/aisle seat in one. 3 hours is a bit tough though - I've done 3 hours (Newark to MSP) and it gets a bit long. There's no in-flight entertainment, so you might want to bring something to read or play with during the flight.

Enjoy your cruise, enjoy the flight, and above all, enjoy your vacation!

-bb123

OK -- well, height definitely isn't a problem here -- I'm only 5' tall. How about seat width, as I am quite "fluffy"? There are four of us going together, so in some ways the 2 seats in a row would work well, and we always take our own entertainment.

Can't someone convince Jet Blue they need to fly from SLC to Houston???

I've flown the Embraer jets a lot. Most of them have 15-17 rows in a 1-2 configuration. The seats are smaller and closer together. There isn't a lot of bin space, a "standard" roller bag won't fit, so those normally get checked at the gate. The longest flights I had have been Newark to St Louis (Continental) and St. Louis-Jacksonville (American). While the seats aren't terribly roomy, the flight itself is very smooth and quieter than some 737's I've been on.

Archived