Gym and Spa on Diamond Princess

Longshot25

Hey there,

I am going on cruise to Alaska in a few weeks and was wondering about the gym and spa areas on the boat?

What is the gym like? Does it get crowded? Are there enough cardio machines? Is the gym nice?

I was also wondering about the gym/spa overlap. I like to jump in a suana/steamroom after a workout. Is that possible? Jacuzzi? Single sex facilities?

Thanks for your help!

Will

Hey there,

I am going on cruise to Alaska in a few weeks and was wondering about the gym and spa areas on the boat?

What is the gym like? Does it get crowded? Are there enough cardio machines? Is the gym nice?

I was also wondering about the gym/spa overlap. I like to jump in a suana/steamroom after a workout. Is that possible? Jacuzzi? Single sex facilities?

Thanks for your help!

Will

Star Princess gym is similar to Diamond's. I must say the baby boomer generation are very keen on fitness and the gym was busy most of the time on our last cruise. Demand for treadmills is high, but you don't see too many people sticking to the 20 mmin limit in busy times. The stretch and abs workout classes are popular too. We had about 30 attend the free classes most mornings. I never used the spa so cannot comment.

Yes there are towels in the gym and handwash.

We were on the Diamond not too long ago and the gym was widely used, particularly in the early morning (6 AM on). There was a bin of clean towels that they kept replenished. The gym had ellipticals, treadmills, stationary bikes, a weight area, aerobics area, etc. I didn't spend anytime in the spa so not sure about those facilities.

The Diamond was a very nice ship. The passenger to space ratio was good and I would definitely sail it again.

• 5 weeks later...

This is great thread, Thanks for starting it! I too will be on Alaskan cruise on the Diamond this summer and was wondering about the gym. Does anyone know anything about the fitness classes they offer? What is free/what do you pay for? Is there a variety of classes to choose from?

Archived