Guarantee Oceanview Century

Ariel35

Hi,

I'm looking at booking a last-minute cruise to Alaska and I was hoping for an oceanview. However, the only thing left is guarantee rooms. Has anyone ever done this on the Century, and if so, was it what you expected/wanted?

What deck were you on?

Thanks!

We didn't do a guaranty for our Century cruise but have booked guaranties on Mercury and Constellation when no cabins were available in the class of cabins we were booked in. We got upgraded to a higher class of cabin with all three bookings done under this situation. Also have booked guaranties with similar cabin availability with RC and Princess and have always gotten a good upgrade. There is no guaranty you will be upgraded but it is very likely with a guaranty booking with no cabin availability in the category or class booked and you are assured of getting at least the category or class booked in.

Hi,

I'm looking at booking a last-minute cruise to Alaska and I was hoping for an oceanview. However, the only thing left is guarantee rooms. Has anyone ever done this on the Century, and if so, was it what you expected/wanted?

What deck were you on?

Thanks!

The only time we've done a guaranty OV on Celebrity was on Century for the TA last October. We'll probably never do it again. We hoped for the best and ended up with one of the worst OVs -- 4107, directly under the galley. Sleep was finished for the night at 4:30 AM when the metal wagons were rolled through the galley during breakfast preparations (ka-boom, ka-boom, ka-boom). We were able to change cabins on the 4th day, otherwise the 14 day TA would have been pretty unbearable.

You may be upgraded, but don't count on it! If you do the guaranty -- once you are assigned a cabin, start searching for other available cabins in the same category as you are usually able to change, as long as you remain in the same category. Avoid Deck 4 -- port side (left), mid-ships.

Archived