Has anyone ever taken a helicoptor tour in Tortola?

cbabe

I posted this question in the ports of call also, but there isn't a whole lot of activity there, hopefully this won't get deleted.

Has anyone ever taken a helicopter tour in Tortola?

I emailed the operator for the rate, he quoted me $950 for 55 min and 650 for 45 min. Sounds a bit too expensive for me. Is this reasonable?

Thanks,

Vivian

I posted this question in the ports of call also, but there isn't a whole lot of activity there, hopefully this won't get deleted.

Has anyone ever taken a helicopter tour in Tortola?

I emailed the operator for the rate, he quoted me $950 for 55 min and 650 for 45 min. Sounds a bit too expensive for me. Is this reasonable?

Thanks,

Vivian

Did you reply to them that you only wanted to rent the helicopter, not buy it?

How many people is this for? I can't imagine flying over Tortola for 45-55 minutes. Where else were you going?

Have you considered a flightseeing tour instead of a helicopter tour?

It's been 5-6 years, but I used to be able to fly from San Juan to Virgin Gorda to Tortola for $100. Not much of a tour guide, but a whole lotta flightseeing.

Did you reply to them that you only wanted to rent the helicopter, not buy it?

How many people is this for? I can't imagine flying over Tortola for 45-55 minutes. Where else were you going?

Have you considered a flightseeing tour instead of a helicopter tour?

It's been 5-6 years, but I used to be able to fly from San Juan to Virgin Gorda to Tortola for $100. Not much of a tour guide, but a whole lotta flightseeing.

I'm rotflmao while reading your post. It made me laugh. Obviously I will not be taking this tour. I was trying to find something different for my dh and I to do while we were in Totola. I even read the email twice, because I couldn't believe my eyes.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks,

Vivian

The hours you are in Tortola look a little odd, but if you like to snorkel, I might try to find a trip to The Indians (not that far from Norman Island and the Caves), but I like better. You might be able to find someone to take you to Virgin Gorda and the Baths and back.

7am-2pm is a little early for binge drinking but there are lots of bars on Tortola.

For two people, for a helicopter for 45-55 minutes, that might be the going rate - about $14-15/minute. I would think you could get a 30 minute flightseeing trip for $120pp but I'll have to check.

I'm trying to get ready for a cruise coming up in a few days, but will think about. I see you also posted in the Caribbean-Other, which is where the info should be if on cruisecritic.

I am also wondering about "non cruise sponsered" activities in Tortola. We wanted to do the Bath's but too expensive and from what I have heard too crowded with a cruise line. This is for our family of four.

Archived