La Romana - artists village

Snowball

Have any of you gone to the artists village? My hubby isn't a beach person, so I'm trying to find something to do besides an all-inclusive.

For those that have been there-what was it like? Did you feel safe? Did you take a tour through Carnival or did you take the shuttle from La Romana?

Any info you can share is very appreciated. Thanks!

Altos de Chavon is the artist colony and is very nice and safe. There are a number of shops and a restaurant. I went there several years ago with some friends so I don't know about transportation, but you do not need to go on a ship's tour to go there. If beach is not your thing, you should enjoy it here. The shops and scenery are very pretty.

Altos de Chavon is the artist colony and is very nice and safe. There are a number of shops and a restaurant. I went there several years ago with some friends so I don't know about transportation, but you do not need to go on a ship's tour to go there. If beach is not your thing, you should enjoy it here. The shops and scenery are very pretty.

Thanks so much - from one Philadelphian to another. ;)

Does anyone else know about taking the shuttle from La Romana to Altos de Chavon?

Archived