Just Returned From CENTURY East Caribbean

polodad

I give up. Is CD Cruise director? If so, I thought it was Allan King. He was in charge of entertainment. If not him I'm sorry, but I don't know.

Norway 11/85

SS Independence 7/91

Star Princess 10/02

4/17 Celebrity CENTURY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;17;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We also just returned from the Century and had a great first cruise. Stayed in cabin 1114 on Penthouse deck and had no problems with noise from the dining area above. I think we were actually below a section that was further AFT. One recommendation I do have is dining in the Sky Bar dining room as an alternative to the Grand Dining area. We ate dinner there 3 nights and had great meals. They are still 5 courses but you can make a reservation that day for times that we felt were better for us. The 5:30 sitting is too early and the 8:30 is late if you want to go to a show and not fall asleep. The wait staff was also wonderful there. Accept for the rocky seas down to Puerto Rico (my 18 year old was the sick one it our family)the trip was great. If you do get sick the chickeen noodle soup and tea and crackers from room service was a real help. I'm ready to go on another one next year!

We never made it to the Sky Bar. I do want to correct a misstatement here. We were main seating for dinner in the Grand Restaurant. The main seating time is 6:15 on 5 nights and 6 pm on formal nights. The 6:15 stated time means you are not actually seated until 6:25. There is no 5:30 dinner time that I am aware of and on two of the port days we didn't show up until about 7 pm and were still okay.

Norway 11/85

SS Independence 7/91

Star Princess 10/02

4/17 Celebrity CENTURY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;17;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

A couple of questions about the skybar-how far ahead do you need to book for an evening meal there? Is it open at noon? Would it be suitable for a more romantic "table for two" (Since we are celebrating an anniversary, it might be nice to have one night where we can be alone for an evening meal. Any additional cost to eat here Thanks for your help.

Hiicon_smile.gif The SkyBar serves the same food as in the dining room.

It is a 2.00 gratutity (suggested). Tables have linen...but you can dress casually.

I didn't try it but have heard positive things about it. I did peek my head in one afternoon, saw them setting up.

No, it is not open for lunch though. Alternative for dinner only. I think if you put your reservation in a day or 2 early you will be fineicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

While we wer having dinner there one night a couple who was dinning with friends next to us was celebrating an anniversary and the waiters brought them a special cake and sang to them. Perhaps they will do the same for you if you tell them when you make your reservation. I made the reservations the mornings that we wanted to dine there and had no problem getting a table. There are about 15 tables some just for 2.

Hi Polodad

Just wondering if you still have the

Daily Newsletters. If so could you look at the the the one received on the first day of the cruise . I'm wondering if the Restaurant Manager is listed. Jorge Simoes has been the manager on the last 4 sailing that we have sailed on the Century. We are booked in August. Hoping the see Jorge again .

Thanks

I do have the Sat ship's newspaper. There is a "Food Manager" listed but it is a different person. It does not appear to list a "restaurant manager". So perhaps your favorite is still onboard. Everyone that I met on the ship was extremely satisfied with the quality, quantity and presentation of the food. It was great. Have a super cruise.

Norway 11/85

SS Independence 7/91

Star Princess 10/02

4/17 Celebrity CENTURY

Good morningicon_smile.gif

BWilson...I know George(Jorge) too! He was on both of my cruises icon_biggrin.gif fantastic person!

I remember him telling me he has been with Celebrity for more than 11 years...started out as a Busboy...(maybe that would be Assistant Waiter) and worked his way up to Restaurant Manager! The "Grand" is definitely "his baby" icon_wink.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I know you can get sushi, I don't eat it so I don't know where it is, one of our tablemates had it several times and said it was really good.

Terri

Skyward - 1989
Carnivale - 1991
Holiday - 1994
Fantasy - 1998
Century - 2002
Century - 2003
Jubilee - 7/04
Century - 9/04
Coral Princess 3/05

yes you can get sushi every night. Between 6 and 10 there is a sushi cafe in the back left area of the Islands cafe....makes for a great snack, especially if you have last seating!!!

Craig

Thanks Polodad and Lois

Polodad, thanks for checking. The food manager is a different position than the rest. manager. Hopefully they just don't list that position.

Lois, I'm sure that your Jorge is the same as the Jorge my husband have meet. He has been on the ships for at least 11 years and did start as an Assist Waiter. You can tell that he loves what he does and takes pride in enuring that his staff provides the best possible service.

Thanks again

Archived