***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

The gal that runs the bunco said she might have another one at her house in a month or so. We all like to play so thst would be good.

I went over to the barn sale to help but she had 3 other people there so I came home and cut grass for about 4 hrs. It had only been a week but it had really grown in tgat week.

I don't know, the font looks a lot smaller when I'm typing on my tablet than on the computer.

Are you going to join Bill at the hotel after the gals have left for the night?

Several good things going on this Sunday. A big flea/antique market at the fairgrounds and a big juried vendor fair called Fair Diddley in another town. Don't know yet which one I will go to. What I should do is stay home and do some more weeding.

Sharon

Sharon, wow that is a long time to be out cutting grass. Especially since you have a rider. You really have a lot of grass to cut. With the weather we have been having, it will be growing very fast.

Yes, Bill is usually asleep and I do join him once everyone has left and I have everything all cleaned up.

I do remember those events that you go to every year. Although it will be a cool weekend. There could be frost tonight and possibly break a very long record of 35 degrees.

For me I am leaving to meet my friend for lunch. Then tonight Bill and I are joining the cast and crew of his first play for a video party. Where everyone will view the DVD version of that play. Should be a fun night.

Stay warm,

Kathy

That does sound like fun to watch the video of the play.

I covered up my snapdragons and brought the vegetable plants back in, don't want them to freeze and it sure feels like its going to.

I told my sister I was going to go to one of those things that are going on after church tomorrow. She said she would really like to go but would only slow me down. I told her it was all walking and she could never do it anyway, it wasn't a matter of slowing me down, she just plain couldn't do it.

Didn't go to the barn sale today either, I texted her and she said she had enough help today too. I'm wondering if any of the horse blankets I took or the bike sold. Guess I'll find out tomorrow, I'll run up there after I get back.

Sharon

Sharon, it was a great time for everyone. This house of 1 cast member and it was just like walking into a museum. We just were in aw just looking and hearing the stories behind those pieces. We got home close to midnight. A very long drive, over an hour from here, but defiantly well work the drive.

It sure got cold last night and today there is lots of sunshine and should warm up during the day today. We are going out for a late lunch shortly. I am, just worn out today from all of the activities over the weekend. Once we get back I will have to chill the rest of today.

Good move not bringing your sister with you today. She can never keep up and would never be able to do anything. It is called reality.

Kathy

That house sounds really interesting, did they travel alot to collect everything? Interesting to see other peoples houses and how they are decorated.

I did go today by myself, I did offer to take her and drop her off within a block and then go find a parking space, but she decided she couldn't do it. I wore my winter coat and was glad I had it on.

When I got home I went to the barn sale, she said they had tried to call me because someone had made an offer on my bike. He left his number so they called him back and I took the price of $150 he offered. The bike had the original price and warranty of $359 and I had put a price of $200. But that was the only offer and I dudn't want to take it back home again.

Well I didn't have to cover my plants tonight, not supposed to get as cold.

Got up early today so I'm tired, news is almost over so heading to bed.Hope you got a little rest today.

Sharon

Sharon, yes once we got home from lunch we both went to bed for a few hours. I was exhausted from a very busy weekend.

Agreed that it has been and still is very cold in the morning and after the sun goes down. It is supposed to warm up into the 60's today.

I did wear my winter coat over the weekend and I still have it on. That was good that you were able to go yesterday and enjoy the afternoon. Lucky that you were able to get in touch with that guy to sell your bike. Otherwise you would have been taking it back home.

These people are theater folks and everything was acquired locally, and everything was museum quality pieces.

Kathy

I was so tired last night but once I got in bed couldn't go to sleep.I did alot of weeding today and physically tired so hope I go right to sleep tonight.

I went with my sister to the bresst prothesis store today. Evidently medicare pays for 3 bras and the breast form. I was not told that from my doctor. You need a prescription to get them. I will call my doctor and ask for him to send me one.

I wasn't thinking acquiring things right here, I was thinking traveling the globe I guess becauses that is where the items in the estate/barn sale my friend had over the weekend came from. Are all the items related in some way to the theater?

Was very surprised to get birthday cards from two of Bill's daughters!!

It got really nice out this afternoon, but later the sky to the north got very dark. I think it might be raining but haven't looked out side for a while.

Sharon

Sharon, yes in some way or another all of the items were related to theater in some form or another. They also had an extensive bar. I have never seen so much liquor outside a liquor store. They had thousands of $ of liquor.

So is it tomorrow your sister is supposed to be leaving, and do you think it will happen?

I don't know when it started raining, but it has been raining around here this morning for several hours now. Just a cold and damp day today.

Happy Birthday to you. Sorry I missed the day.

Working outside like you did would tire you out and perhaps over exhausted made you so tired you just could not fall asleep.

Kathy

Maybe that couple entertains alot, sounds lije a really neat house.

I relented since my sisters son is flying up on Sunday and told her she could stay till Saturday. I am hoping it rally happens! She now has gotten medicine for heart trouble. I am just praying she stays well enough to go. Time for the other two sons to step up. I don't think she can ever live alone. But she makes it hard to live with her. It's like having a little kid

you have to follow around and clean up after. Just this morning she took the wrap off a pan of brownies, got one out, left crumbs and powdered sugar all over the counter top and didn't get the brownies covered up again. I didn't say anything, figured I can deal with it a few more days.

You didn't miss my birthday, its tomorrow. I'm going on the bus trip dinner tomorrow. Hope I find someone nice to sit with to eat. I'll let you know where they take us. All I know is its a steak house.

No rain here today, sunny and pretty nice. Did more weeding again today some spots are looking pretty good, just quite a few more to go.

Sharon

Sharon, you would think so with all of the liquor they have stocked up, and this entertainer seemed like he had been there before. They spent some $ putting on this party.

I was afraid that your sister would be hanging around. Now all you can do is pray that her son actually comes this weekend to get her. She seems to string things along with no real plans ever.

Yes, we had rain in the morning and then just cold the rest of the day. Today is not all that warm either. We start the bocce league tonight. It will be cold, so we will just have to see if Bill calls the game or not. I am sure a lot of people will not want to play in the cold.

So Happy Birthday to you today. Have a great time on the bus trip today and have a nice dinner as well. This organization we belong to is talking about having a bus trip to the Air Venture, in Oshkosh at the end of July. The problem is they need 40 people and since they have never made the numbers needed they have canceled other trips. So I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Once again Happy Birthday, and enjoy the day.

Kathy

Thank you Kathy! I just got back, right around 10 pm. The bus trip was long, over 2 1/2 hrs, each way. We went to Prairie du Chien, the second oldest town in Wisconsin. Once there a step on guide had the bus driver take us around different places in town and she would tell us about them. Then we went to dinner at the Jones Angus Steak house. It's one of the supper clubs they write up about in books. I never order prime rib, it's usually too rare, but did this time. The other choices were shrimp, pork chop, blue gills, or salmon. So I figured at a steak house one should order steak. It was very good, not too rare and very tender. I brought half of it home because I made such a big salad at the salad bar I was almost full before the main course. There were 51 people on the bus this time so it was almost full. There were 3 empty seats and one was next to me. That was kind of a good thing, but then again it was a long ride not to talk to anyone.

We had a nice night, hope you did too and were able to get your bocce in, it would be a shame to miss the first time.

Sharon

Sharon, it sounded like you really had a full day yesterday, both at the town and especially on the bus. This town sounded like a remarkable place to visit with lots of history. Also good to have been taken to a fine steak house.

Well not getting off to a very good start once again. It was a close game and we lost by 1 point. But still a L in the column. It was a day much like today, where it starts out cool in the morning and then warms up during the day. So even though a last games were a bit cold. We still got the games in, as next Wednesday they are showing rain just now. So got to get the games in when we can.

I heard by next week we could have temps in the 80's. Everything will be really busting out all over the place with these temps.

So get this, the jerk will be coming back in a very short time. Now he wants to buy a condo right across the street from us. His daughter is moving into his place. So I guess he is thinking by having a condo right here, close to work and piece and quiet for him to get away from her kids.

Kathy

Great you got your game in even though you lost. They might say rain for next week, but they can't even tell you for sure what tomorrow's weather will be. It could all change and be really nice.

My sister went to have lunch with friends and then to the dr's to pick up her records yesterday. She called me about 6pm, her car had quit and she was on the side of the road about 35 miles from here. However she had called her son and he was supposed to call her back if he could come and help. In the mean time I had been invited to dinner at a friend's house but declined because It thought if her son didn't help I would have to go pick her up. So around 7pm she calls me back and says he will come and help her. So I went to Walgreens, bought a bottle of wine and went to my friends house anyway knowing I missed dinner but would still be able to visit. Two others of our zumba group were there, we all sat outside by her fireplace drank a pitcher of margaritas, and made smore's. I got home around 10:30 and my sister was here with her car. I went to bed instead of posting. My friend showed us her basement she recently had finished, she had a huge kitchen with ice maker, wine cooler, margarita maker and a bar that had changing color lights. The bar sounded quite like the one you had mentioned at the party you went to. So much and varied bottles of alcohol!

This morning she told me she was leaving to go to her son's house, they were supposed to take her car somewhere and get it checked out, evidently her son had put in some coolant for a temporary measure. I had plans to go to an antique/perinnial farm doings not knowing what her plans were. So we said our good bye's and I told her to leave my house key on the counter if she left before I got home. I had thought she was going to the party at the dance place tonight, but then I never knew for sure what if any plans she had. The key was on the counter, she only forgot a couple of items, one was a bag of information on radiation therapy, maybe she decided she didn't need it.

Now I will adjust again to living alone, I think I am more ready now than when she came. So maybe God had the right idea bringing her here for both of us. I hope her family takes care of her, I seriously doubt she will be able to live alone ever, unless she gets a whole lot healthier.

Going out to start my 4 hr session with the grass, just bought gas this morning for the mowers and it went up from $2.19 to $2.29. Should have bought it yesterday!

Do you mean a condo across from your work or your home? Hope its not your home!! He could be a real pest to you then.

Sharon

Sharon, I am glad that you had a good time on your trip. Also good that you were able to get out and enjoy the evening with your friends. Yes, that bar at the party house lit up as well. They sound like very similar bars.

Well it must feel real good having your place back to all yourself. You have brought up a very good perspective with having her around for the time that you did. Now hopefully her son's can care for her now. They certainly have not done the best of job thus far.

It was good that we were able to get our first game in, as who knows what next week will bring. But you are right about them not being able to predict the weather far down the line. Perhaps we will get back on the winning road for the finial season.

Now tonight Bill is at the hotel now and after the game I will join him. So tonight is my turn to host the bunco. I have been very busy this week getting the house ready and fixing the dishes I will be serving tonight.

The jerk wants to buy a condo right across the street from us. There are only business around the shop. We almost bought 1 of those places a few years ago. Luck we did not as the values have really dropped.

Kathy

Hope your game and treats made for a fun and successful night. I went to the dance place, I took cupcakes from the bakery, figured I wouldn't have to take plates, forks or anything else. So it went well. Got in a few line dances but there were a lot of people there and they all seemed to want to do karaoke.

Today a gal that had planned to come last night and didn't make it stopped by the house. She brought me some candy and we had a nice visit. She had just gotten a new car, a Ford. Can't remember which version it is but it is a hybrid. It gets 51 mph! It has a generator that supplies the battery that runs when it's not using gas. It was very, very quiet. You actually couldn't hear it running. A very nice pretty car.

I did some weeding again this morning and then got cleaned up and went to the Holy Smoke pig roast at church. They had lots and lots of food, blow up slides and bouncy houses, and a country band that played from 4 to 6pm. Then the silent auction was over and the live auction started. The Grand Caymon Beachfront Condo & Car went for $2,050.00. The Disney World, 4 passes and Condo for a week went for $1,600.00. There were about 15 items and all went for quite a lot of money. I didn't even bid but it was fun watching.

Tomorrow after church going to that play in the afternoon. Come Monday it will sink in that my sister is gone and I hope I don't relapse into missing Bill terribly. I have had her to think about and it has kept my mind busy. But already thoughts of him and all the things I miss about him are creeping back into my thoughts.

Well been a long day, going to TV for a while and go to bed.

Sharon

Sharon, it was a lot of work, but everyone enjoyed everything and I was with Bill around 12:30 and he was sound asleep. Yesterday I went to a local flea market and then I took that lady out shopping and lunch that I take every other week.

Today I went to a GK birthday party, and Bill was down along the lakefront working a race. While I was gone this afternoon he came home and slept for the afternoon.

As far as the weather goes it was a perfect day today, with nice temps and lots of sunshine. Still a few days off, and like you said they have a hard time predicting the weather too far off. So we will just have to wait and see if we get rained out on Wednesday.

We leave on Friday for our usual long weekend get away. Bill has to work on Friday as that is the last day of school. If all goes well we will leave as soon as he gets home.

I remember that event you attend every year at the church. It is nice keeping traditions.

Sharon, Bill will always be with you where ever you go. You both had great memories together. Whenever you feel blue just place your hands over your heart, and there he will be for always.

Good that you do not have to look after your sister and all of her bad habits. There is no one who can say anything about what you did when no one else would.

Kathy

Ha, ha that's kind of a change having to wait for Bill to get off work to go away isn't it! You are going to the boat for the weekend, right? You always seem to have a good time when you go there.

I went to the 42nd Street play this afternoon with a couple of the Wed night gals. It was very good, lots of tap dancing and singing. I kept looking at the "leading lady" because she looked so familiar to me, then I realized she was the gal that stood next to me at the Forever Fit exercise class I used to go to. She was very good, and had a great singing voice. Then we went to dinner and I got home a little while ago. A good day.

Good all went well last night and I'm sure that gal was looking forward to you coming to get her. When you depend on someone like she does to you, I'm sure it means a great deal.

They are still saying rain for Wed, but it might only rain during the day, just have to wait and see.

My sister called, she was leaving to go to the airport in Rockford to pick up her son and then they were going to head to Florida from there. We get along a lot better when we talk on the phone than when she stayed here. I hope her car makes it, but at least her son knows a little something about cars.

Nothing going on tomorrow so will probably be back out weeding again, its starting to make a difference but still a long way to go.

Sharon

Sharon, perhaps we have turned the corner with the weather now. It was a very nice weekend and today holds to be nice as well. You are right about Wednesday, we will just have to wait and see how it all turns out. We would rather have a total rain out versus starting and playing a few games and then have it called. Even better yet if we did not get rained out at all.

So your sister left yesterday for Florida. So when do you think they will get there? I would not think that they would drive all the way through. Let's hope her car will make it with not breaking down.

You will have to be careful with those ticks and that lime disease they are talking about, when you are out there for so long. Maybe there is something you can put on your skin to help out.

Yes, that is funny as we were talking about that last night. I thought Bill might take off the afternoon, but he said that would not be right and it would be too obvious on what his intension's would be.

I have heard nothing but good reviews about 42nd, plus that was funny how you saw someone you used to be in the fit class together.

Kathy

Oh shoot, I posted yesterday and its not here. I don't know why that happens sometimes.

I heard from my sister todsy. They spenr the night in Georgia, had a little troubke with tge car. Had to put coolant in one time. She says its very hot, in the 90's.

I think the weatherman might be right, looks like rain tomorrow evening. Good luck with getting in the game.

I got all my vegetable plants planted in the straw bales and planted some zinna seeds in a large pot.

I am surprised all the time I have been outside and never yet seen a tick. I always chech when I shower and so far so good.

They should be done with school pretty soon for the summer, I think our schools are done the 26th. Hope you can beat the traffic when you do get to leave.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow night.

Sharon

Sharon, yes we will be staying on the house boat when we get there. I do hope that we do not get tied up in traffic.

Your sister should be in Florida by now. It is good that she will be there now and her own family can care for her and look after her as well.

It is going to be iffy today with the weather. All storms are in Iowa just now. So it all depends on how quickly they will be moving across the country. We might get started and then the rain starts and even though we might get 1/2 the games in. If 1 game is rained out the entire games are all canceled. There is rain in the forecast right through Sunday. So hopefully our weekend will not get rained out.

I heard a few nights ago on the news that in about 2 weeks they are saying that our state will be having issues with this disease carried by mosquitoes that causes birth defects. They were showing on the news good sprays and the one's that are not effective and do not last very long. All any of us can do is to keep protected.

Kathy

Edited by mstrc1

I think I know what happens when the posts I do don't show up. It happens on my tablet and I "X" out of the program before it gets a chance to post. Also you have probably noticed that the spelling is not so good. That is because the print is so little I have trouble seeing what it looks like when I'm typing. It works much better on the regular computer.

The rain came through here around 5pm then it cleared up, got sunny and then came again. Some of the festival things they had going in town were canceled. But I just got home and it wasn't raining at all, in fact the sky is very clear could see many stars.

I heard about the sprays too that don't last very long. Looks like Deet is the one that is the best. So far I haven't noticed any mosquitoes but with todays hot humid air I bet they are hatching out right now.

Found out the place we go to on Wed nights is for sale, they also just sold a submarine sandwich shop they started about a year ago. Now they are looking into buying a camp ground some where up by the Dells. One brother is leaving on Sunday for the big Island of Hawaii. He is looking to buy property to build eco, sustainable houses. He has built a few and they sold like crazy already. The sons in the family just keep buying and building and selling. They all seem to work together and make a very good living.

Hope it's not so humid tomorrow, would like to get some things done outside if it doesn't rain.

Sharon

Sharon, it is much cooler this morning, and they are showing rain around 10 & 11. So Bill canceled the games at 5:15 and the skies opened up and it just poured. There were very high winds and thunder and lightening. It lasted about 20 minutes. But the playing area was deemed unsafe. So our first rain out and that will get made up in the fall.

So are you telling me that the bar you go to on Wednesday is up for sale? Is this the same place where the owner provides you with food? Hopefully another good owner will take it over.

So now I have decided to just take the whole day off tomorrow. That way I can get everything ready and as soon as Bill gets home, we hit the road and hope that we do not get caught up in traffic and construction.

Perhaps you will be able to do things outside this afternoon. I think it will clear up this afternoon.

Kathy

Yes that is the place that is for sale. We all hope too that when it does get sold the new owners will still let us play our music. I doubt that anyone else will make us dinner. We are hoping it doesn't get sold for a long while.

That is a good idea for you to take off tomorrow, see if you can get on your way before the traffic gets too bad. I bet the road here, starting Friday going north, and ending Monday going south will be pretty busy to.

I was out weeding this afternoon, it was so hot. I was just dripping wet by the time I quit. Notice I did not say when I got done. There is still much to do but I had to quit. Last year the blackeyed susan's took over and now they are all coming back again crowding out everything else. So in addition to weeds I am digging some of those out.

There is a pig roast at the place I go to on Wed nights, I think one of the other gals will go with me. I really don't want to go alone. They also are having a band thst starts at 2pm.

I went to the cemetery today and put a flag by Bill's headstone in preparation for Memorial Day. My church asked for volunteers to walk in the parade on Monday so I think I will do that.

Well have a great time this weekend, stay safe!

Sharon

Sharon, another great reason to be off today. The jerk came back a few days ago and has been doing nothing but driving me crazy. So I called into the office this morning and told them he said he was not coming in today either.

So rain in the forecast for today. I think that late this afternoon is the greatest chance for rain. So you only got some of the outside work finished yesterday. So are you going out this morning to finish it?

Let's hope it take the owner a while to sell his place, and if not then only hope he sells it to someone just as good.

So when is the pig roast, today or was it yesterday? That will be nice for you to walk in that on Monday. We should be back early morning. Then we are going to a play at 4 pm.

Enjoy the weekend and I will talk back to you when we return on Monday.

Kathy

The pig roast is on Sunday, think I'm going but won't know for sure until Sunday.

Good you took off today, no sense starting a relaxing weekend all sressed.

Didn't get back out today to weed fooled aroubd inside too long.

You are going to a play once you get home, right? Do you or Bill know some of the people in it from plays he was in?

Sharon