***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, it took us a very long time getting up there on Friday with construction and lane closures. So it was a 2 1/2 hour trip going and it took us 2 hours coming back as we stopped 2 times and there was a bad accident on the way home.

We were going to a play this afternoon but have decided not to. Yes we do know players from the play he was in. The area will be extremely crowded and we will go to another play sometime again.

Our weekend was great. It rained going up on Friday. But the rest of the weekend was great.

So the heat is back and we went from cool weather right into summer with no break.

Enjoy the rest of today.

Kathy

Glad you had a good time, the traffic has been pretty steady on the highway today here too. Maybe the play will still be going next weekend and you can go then. I am going up to the Fireside dinner theater on Thursday night. I am going with that friend of mine and Bill's. I went to that last show with him too. Nice to go with someone, I wouldn't go by myself.

I marched in the parade with our church group this morning. We walked to the cemetery where they had a patriotic ceremony. The assistant chief of police was a veteran and gave a speech about all the veterans, living and dead that had been in his family. After about a half a dozen names he started to cry as did many in the audience. Then they read the names of the veterans that had died during the past year. Of course Bill's name was read and it hit me hard. I hadn't been to the ceremony before and didn't know they did that.

So tomorrow is Tuesday already another hot day coming up.

Sharon

Edited by timeormoney

Sharon, Bill has bought the tickets for this Friday's play. As 2 members from his first play will be in this one. That is also good that you have someone who you can go with to the Fireside playhouse. I know you have gone there before and I have heard nothing but good reviews of that place.

It was good that you walked in the parade yesterday. I know I kept hearing about all of the parades all over the area.

I guess we could be in store for some severe weather later on this afternoon and into tomorrow. That would not be good if we got rained out once again.

We came home to cotton wood flying all over the place. It is coming down in clumps all over the place.

Kathy

There was cotton wood things flying around earlier when it was bright and sunny. We went to breakfast after zumba and decided it certainly couldn't rain as nice as it was outside, so made plans to meet at the pool. I was trying to fix my suit so I could wear it after all the "chest" work I've had done and before I could get it fixed the dark clouds moved in the rain came down and is still coming down. The other gals had already gotten there so they went to a place called Luckys for some margaritas. I didn't go, to nasty out.

Got a call from the lawyer, wants to meet with me tomorrow. Evidently he received a big packet of stuff from the "kids' lawyer, think they said something about subpoenaing witnesses to find out about the missing will. I hope I don't have to go. I have already told them I don't know anything about it. Also got a note from the daughter, she said she was closing an account Bill had with American Funds to pay their lawyer. However also on the statement it said that there was an IRA in Bill's name that he had left 100% to me. I know he always said he was leaving his IRA to me but the only one I knew about he still had listed his 1st deceased wife as beneficiary. So it is quite a nice sum, I'll have to find out how to go about claiming it.

What is the name of the play you will be seeing on Friday? It's fun to know someone in the play and you both kind of do from the other play.

Maybe if it rains all day today and tonight it will be done and you can get your game in tomorrow night.

Sharon

Sharon, the name of the play we are going to on Friday is called Young Frankenstein.

Well today you will be talking to your lawyer. It sounds like you will be taken care of well with Bill's IRA. I do not think that those kids can block anything for you. But I thought there was a time limit and I thought that the time limit has came and gone already? Nevertheless it will be very interesting today to see what is all in that packet of information.

Yes the skies opened up yesterday and it really came down for a period of time. But later on in the evening it had stopped and the temps dropped, at least around here. Now it has been raining all morning and it is cool and damp outside. I heard that the temps could go to 80, but I am sure tonight it will be cool once again.

As far as late this afternoon and into this evening. I guess we will just have to wait and see. It is very wet and damp just now. So it will depend on what the rest of today brings. If it dries up late on, then we are good. But if it keeps on raining, it could be our 2nd rainout and I do not think that has even happened.

Good luck with the lawyer today.

Kathy

Well hopefully its not too late to get that IRA rolled over into my IRA. I stopped and talked with the stock guys secretary today and she said she will prepare the paperwork and have him call me. I don't know why the daughter never notified me of the IRA probably just didn't want to I guess.

The lawyer today was telling me that the will still has not been found, but the old lawyer sent a blank form and tried to pull that off as an official document even though no names or dates were on the form. They said they will try to contact people who might have witnessed the signing but anyone at this point could say they did. There is a house involved that was not in the trust they are trying to get put into the trust. They cannot do it without my signature. And without a will the house goes to me. I am trying to decide if I want to fight for it or just go with the flow and let them have it and give me 1/8 of the total, which would be my share. Haven't decided yet, but my lawyer is not licensed in WI so I will have to deal with another one if I decide to go for it. It just goes on and on and on!

I think if your weather is like ours today you will be able to get your game in and have a very nice evening to do it. It stopped raining here and all day has been very sunny.

Had a nice evening visiting with the girls tonight,

Sharon

Sharon, you were absolutely right about the weather. It rained out in the morning and all rain was out of the forecast in the afternoon. Even though it was humid. It turned out to be a good evening. We won, Bill is our captain and the best player on our team. But if everyone shows up he dos not play. That is just the way he is. So since we only had 4 show up he played.

So it sounds like if they give you the forms and you get it all filled out and submitted you should be able to roll Bill's IRA over to yours. That is the exact reason why no one told you as they did not want you to get anything. Now all you have to decide whether you want to fight them or just give in and take 1/8 shear.

So we got the play tomorrow night and I do not know at this point what we will be doing for the rest of the weekend.

Enjoy and have a good weekend coming up.

Kathy

Good, you won! Too bad Bill doesn't play all the time maybe you would win more often. Is there a certain number of people that can be on a team? Hopefully the weather will cooperate from now on.

I signed the papers today to roll over Bill's IRA into mine. Now the next question is, did he get a RMD or not last year. If he did there should have been a 1099, but it would have been sent to his old house and the daughter would have gotten it. Since I didn't know it existed I filed Fed taxes without it. If he didn't get the disbursement there is a penalty. My stock guy is looking into it and will let me know.

Went to the Fireside tonight, had a great meal and a very good show. We both knew, as did many of the people in the audience, the words to many of the songs from the 50's and 60's not so much the 70's. A very enjoyable evening. Next year they have a show of 50's only. That would be a good one to go to also.

I think I heard it might rain on the Saturday, hope not, I think we have had enough rain lately. Although have been very lucky not having flooding as some states.

Sharon

Sharon, there is no limit on how many people you can have on a team. However you have to have at least 2 to start and play a game. The max for a game is 4. So that is what we had. If 5 showed up then Bill would not have played. It is all his decision.

I thought you had told me that the daughter had said there were 1099's for you some time ago. But then if they were sent there and she threw them out, then there should be an issue with her.

It is good that you had a good time at the Fireside last night. They do put on great performances.

I checked and starting tomorrow afternoon there is an 80% chance of rain. But it does not look like a total rain day. Just for a few hours. But if there are any afternoon games here they may get rained out.

I forgot about a graduation for my GD last night until my daughter had called and reminded me. So I left work early and got back home around 9. Tonight we have that play to attend. So a late night out as it starts at 8.

Kathy

Yes the daughter did have all of the 1099's but I never heard or saw anything for the RMD. Maybe he didn't get one, will find out next week.

There have been a lot of graduations around here too, good thing you could still make it. I'm sure she appreciated you being there to see her graduate.

We have a big 100 entry parade tomorrow starting at 1pm. I was planning on taking my lawn chair like Bill and I always did to watch it. But now saw on the weather it might get rained out. Hope not its our towns one big deal for the summer.

Hope you enjoy the play tonight, you don't have to work tomorrow so just sleep in a little later, ha ha.

Sharon

Sharon, it was a great play and we saw a few cast members from Bill's first play. He said if he was not doing the Graduate, he could have been in this play. It was a long play/musical and it lasted 3 hours.

This morning I got up and did a 5K walk for our church. It was really a 5K run but I walk it. Shortly I will be leaving to meet my friends for lunch and shopping. I heard the rain is coming in our area around 2. Bit I think you are getting it much earlier. So you may get rained our for the parade.

Well hopefully you can get all of that tax situation all worked out so it does benefit you and not penalize you.

Kathy

That was a long play, but glad you enjoyed it. Bet it made Bill want to get back in one too.

It started raining here about 10:30, then turned really cold and dark. When it stopped raining, I changed into jeans, grabbed my hoodie and took my lawn chair up to the parade. It was pretty cool for a while but the parade was a long one and by the time it finally ended it was hot and sunny again. There were many entries so I'm glad they got to have the parade. Many went to the carnival afterwards but I just came home.

My sister called today, she said it was up over 90 and they had all went to the beach. Seems like she is enjoying it but is having a few medical problems with her mastectomy incision. It's been 5 weeks so it should be healed by now. She is wondering if she is allergic to the new prosthesis she has.

Got a retirement dinner to go to tomorrow afternoon, the principle from the church school. Going alone and hoping I can find someone to sit with.

Sharon

Sharon, you are right. Bill said that if he had not done The Graduate, he could have been in this one. Actually the play was just a little over 2 1/2 hours. Considering they started late and then the intermission. It was that we were there 3 hours total.

It started raining here about 2, and it did not last all that long. I did the 5K walk in under 50 minutes. Got home and then whet out for the rest of the afternoon with my friends. Then I see there is bunco once again this coming Friday. Of course not at my house.

So you are going to a dinner later on this afternoon. Enjoy and have a good time. It is good that your sister is all settled in Florida. It is not your job to be picking up after her any more.

Kathy

You must have been hiking along pretty good to get done in 50 minutes. Our first walk of the Get Moving Wisconsin group is this coming Friday at 5:30 pm. Then the next one is on the following Monday right away.

I did go to the retirement dinner, found a couple of gals that I knew to sit with so it was nice. They had a seafood salad and rice stuffed chicken breasts and filet of beef. Also other side dishes too. I was surprised the tenderloins were all sliced in a big silver serving dish, you could take as many as you wanted. They were very tender and good. The dinner was a party for the retirement of the principle of the church school and his wife who was the kindergarten teacher and organist, both for the past 33 years. So many tales were told and so many tears from everyone you would have thought they were dying instead of retiring!

We did not have any rain but off and on couldn't decide if it was cool or hot. Before the dinner I met some friends up at the Model A days in Wisconsin. So many really nice redone Model A's, surprising so many are still around. People were encouraged to dress as flappers and gangsters. There was a group that did and they looked great.

Think I will probably cut the grass tomorrow, usually do it on Friday but for some reason never got around to doing it last Friday.

Sharon

Sharon, that seems to be the pace I' ve been doing these 5K walks at. At least I am getting out and getting some good exercise. You do so much more, and for me this is the only exercise I am doing just now. I may get a bike and then I can add 1 more.

It was nice that you were able to sit with other's you know. It was a very long time to have been working there.

They said yesterday we might get rain and we got nothing. They are saying the same for today. But I doubt that we will be getting any either. It is time to start watering.

Kathy

Met the zumba gals at the pool today and spent the whole afternoon pretty much floating on my noodle. I try to stay out of the sun and covered with water seems to help. Then one of the gals wanted to eat there so we went in and had a huge hamburger ($15) on a pretzel roll.

I have a friend that is getting cataract surgery tomorrow. She had a gal lined up to take her but tried all day and couldn't get a hold of her. So she got someone else to take her to the hospital and I am going to pick her up when she is done. She has went with me to two different surgeries so its the least I can do for her. She is alone also and lost her husband several years ago, no children.

Funny you should mention the bike, another friends son just opened up a bicycle shop in Streamwood somewhere. I need a new bike so I might go and see what he has. I don't need a thousand dollar bike but would like one that fits my heighth and has a few different gears. Also so many now don't have a back fender or a kick stand. While I'm at it, would like the handlebars to turn up so I'm not leaning over so much.

I got in about 2 hours of mowing this morning, it's suppose to be almost cold tomorrow so might get the rest of the grass mowed, if it doesn't rain.

Is your boss still in town, haven't heard much about him lately from you.

Sharon

Sharon, you never know about the jerk. Sometimes he goes golfing and other times he goes on the lake or hangs around the pool. I have no idea what he is doing about the condo. He will be here all summer.

I have bunco at another person's house on Friday and then 1 week from this Thursday we leave for SEA.

So you are back in the route teen going to Zumba and then the pool. All those things that used to come with bikes are now extras. So Bill has a brand new bike that he said he would trade in for a bike for me. I just have to see what 1 I would like. Maybe he will even go riding with me.

So now people who were watching me at the 5K were posting pictures of me and you can even see me running at some points. One of our friends said he knew 1 day he would see me wearing a bib on my shirt. He said it is like hanging around a barber shop, eventually you will go inside and get a haircut. ha, ha. Then another post he said, are you chasing everyone else or are they chasing you?

Kathy

Not only walking but running a little too, I am impressed. Seems lately all the ones we do are so fast even walking. I have not been walking for a while but it will be starting the end of the week.

I went and picked up the gal who had the cataract surgery this morning. We had breakfast at a restaurant before I took her home. She is doing quite well with it, they even told her she could take the cup that was taped over her eye off so she could drive to her eye dr appmnt tomorrow moring. She has to wear it to bed for about a week, just to make sure she doesn't rub it while sleeping.

She has rheumatoid arthritis and has trouble getting around but she is also very heavy.

I have an appointment with a WI lawyer tomorrow afternoon, have to discuss that house the kids want to evict the guy who is buying it on land contract. Without a will my current lawyer says the house is mine. But I don't think I want it, too much work. But that is what I have to find out about.

Got the rest of the grass cut his evening, had to wait about a half an hour once I was ready to cut because I looked out and saw a momma deer come out of the trees in the back with a little bitty baby beside her that was just bouncing around on its long legs. Once they moved on I could start cutting.

Good your boss has so many thing outside of work to keep him busy and off of your back all the time.

What is in Seattle? Just a vacation or are you going to visit someone there?

My trip to Texas isn't for another couple of weeks yet and then its only 3 days. I will stay with them one night but then I got a hotel room for the other two nights. I like some privacy and they can have theirs too that way.

Sharon

Sharon, SEA is the headquarters of Brook's Running. Bill is a coach for them and every year they invite all of their coaches from all over. They pay for everything except the travel. Since we fly for free, everything is taken care of. Bill went last year by himself and he said he wished he would have taken me along.

So it sounded like it did not take very long yesterday for that gal's surgery. So it was good that you were able to pick her up and then go for breakfast.

So today you have the appointment with the lawyer to discuss the property. If you owned the property then you could sell it to the man who wants to purchase it. That way he would have a better time dealing with you versus those kids.

So your trip to Texas in a few weeks, don't you think after straying with them 1 night, they will want you to stay the rest of the visit. Wouldn't be better to stay at the hotel your entire stay?

How about this weather. We went from 80's a few days ago to 60's yesterday. Rain for tomorrow and by the weekend it is supposed to be in the 90's.

Kathy

According to WI law, since the house is not in the Trust, I would get half interest and the kids would get the other half. That is if I decide I want it. What the new lawyer is saying is that there doesn't seem to be any direction to the distribution of assets by the Trustees, which is Bills son and daughter. She, the daughter, is closing out one of Bill's accounts to pay lawyer fees but this lawyer says those assets should have been distributed to the beneficiaries. So I told him do whatever you think needs to be done. He charges $300 dollars and hour and I already talked to him over and hour today. So this should be expensive, how its all worth it in the end. I stopped at the house in question, tried to talk to the guy who is supposed to be buying it but he wouldn't come to the door. I was going to see if he wanted to renegotiate the contract and keep paying the same amount he had been. That way he could keep the house and it wouldn't have to be resold. I think he thought I was one of the kids and they haven't been too nice to him.

Glad you are going with Bill this time, its always nice to get away for a while and since it doesn't cost anything so much the better.

I am staying the one night with my granddaughter because I will be getting to Dallas around 5:30 pm and I figured once we had dinner it would be getting kind of late. The next day is the birthday party and I could help her get things ready. But after the party everyone will be tired and that's when the hotel room will look good to me. A little peace and quiet.

Did you get your game in tonight, should have since I don't think it rained there, it was pretty nice here. Cooled off and felt good. Not looking forward to that 90 temp this weekend.

Tonight the owners of the place I go to meet the girls decided to cook out. They made hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst and pork chops on the grill. Then seems they had been telling everyone during the week they were doing that so many brought salads, beans, chips and dips and desserts. He didn't tell us that last week so none of us brought anything, but still were invited to make ourselves a plate. We were wondering and hoping not, that they were getting rid of the food because the place had sold. But of course he didn't say anything like that. Guess time will tell.

Sharon

Edited by timeormoney

Sharon, twice in a row now with Bill playing with us again, we won. It was nice last night and it is raining here just now. I agree about it being in the 90's over the weekend.

So that place you went to last night has sold. Any word when the new owners are taking the place over? Or the last day of the current owners? I am sure that last day will be a big party with lots of food.

That is too bad that those kids are giving that man such a hard time. Bill would be furious if he knew his kids were treating that man this way. Lets hope you can get things resolved without costing you too much money.

Kathy

No, no the Wed night place hasn't been sold, we were just wondering if it had been since they put out such a big spread of food last night. We were just kidding. At least we haven't heard anything about it being sold so hope not for a while yet.

I think you ought to make Bill play every Wednesday night, you might just be the best team at the end! Probably everyone else on the team like to win too.

The zumba gals were all going to the pool today, but its cloudy and raining and even cool. They have an indoor pool too but we like the heated outdoor one the best. So made plans to go next Monday if the weather cooperates.

I know Bill would not like the way his kids are treating anyone, he was never that way.

Was almost glad it rained today, then I don't feel guilty about not going outside and weeding some more, ha ha.

Sharon

Sharon, you did say the owner wants to sell the place, but it has not sold yet.

I had a Dr's appointment downtown this morning. All checked out OK. We just got back awhile ago.

A bit cooler downtown but today and tomorrow will be in the 90's and back into the 70's on Sunday.

This weekend is the first time in the history of the World Cup races that it will be held on fresh water. So the downtown area will be packed this weekend.

My aunt from Oshkosh is coming to stay at our B & B tomorrow and going back on Monday. We will go and see her in July twice possibly.

So we started the season in 15th place then we went from 6th place last week and now we are in 4th place. A complete turn around from last year.

Stay cool,

Kathy

Glad all went well at the dr's today. Aren't you supposed to have a colonoscopy again pretty soon? Or did you get the all clear for a 5 year appmnt. My granddaughter has to have one every year. But so far always has been ok.

Yes the Wed night place is for sale but doesn't seem like they are too anxious for it to sell, which is a good thing. Their next adventure is to buy land up by the Dells and make a camp ground out of it. They are always doing something.

If you keep moving up, you just might win the bocce tournament. That is if you make Bill keep playing!

Went for the first walk of the Get Moving Wisconsin program tonight. It started at 5:30 and it was 91 degrees. My pet sitter friend had stopped by with her husband earlier to help me get two TV's into the car for the recycling drive tomorrow. Because I had helped her with her estate sale they wanted me to go to dinner with them tonight. So I did the walk as fast as I could, came home washed off, sprayed some dry hair shampoo on my hair got dressed and made it to the 6:45 reservation about 7:00 pm. Another couple were also there and we had a nice dinner and good conversation.

I heard about the World Cup Races, I bet it will be crowded, but probably would be anyway being the weekend.

Hope you have a nice visit with your aunt, I'm sure she looks forward to seeing you both.

Sharon