Would like to hear from others about this guide.

laurelhollow

I thought I had made a definite arrangement with a guide in Israel for June 20,21,22. Was very surprised today to receive an e-mail saying that while we were discussing the arrangements he had decided to accommodate someone else in that time period. :mad: For some reason I had assumed that if one is talking about a specific time period and the only question is where to send the check for the deposit that it is a done deal. Not happy.

Anyhow, now he is recommending someone named Emil Tal to take care of my tour. Anyone ever used this guy? Is he OK? Any responses would be good.

Thanks.

I can't help you with information on the proposed guide, but I can confirm that this seems to be standard practice with guides in Israel. It happened to me as well. The good ones are in high demand and if you hesitate, someone else will confirm them. Until you advise them in writing that you agree to hire them, they are basically free agents. (And I really can't blame them as I'm sure some people tie them up with negotiations for a while and then decide not to book.)

The good news is that when the same situation happened to me, the guide that was recommended was an even better fit with my interests and was a great guide as well. I hope you have the same luck.

I can't help you with information on the proposed guide, but I can confirm that this seems to be standard practice with guides in Israel. It happened to me as well. The good ones are in high demand and if you hesitate, someone else will confirm them. Until you advise them in writing that you agree to hire them, they are basically free agents. (And I really can't blame them as I'm sure some people tie them up with negotiations for a while and then decide not to book.)

The good news is that when the same situation happened to me, the guide that was recommended was an even better fit with my interests and was a great guide as well. I hope you have the same luck.

Thanks for the thought. Actually, I looked him up on-line and he does look like a better fit. :D

It's just that I would love to hear from somebody who has actually toured with him.

Archived