Ever meet a permanent cruiser?

WOW...that would sure beat the nursing home...

Maid service, food on demand, plus really cool places to see and cheaper to boot??? I wonder if I can include "resident cruising" as a line-item thing in my living will? Where do I sign up???

There a woman known as Mama Lu who basically lives on the Zaandam. Her cabin even had a name plate attached to the door. Every couple of months she takes a week off cruising to take care of bills, check on family, etc., but otherwise she lives on the ship.

Waterbound, That pigeon will not last much longer if the Hawk that was living on the Conquest is still there! We sailed on the Conquest in May 2003. Everyday around 4:00 pm a Hawk would appear. We saw him swoop down and puck a tropical migrant bird on the Lido deck. I guess the Lido is a buffet for birds too.

i have only met 1 guy that fits this discrption since working on the Paradise. I forgot his name but apparently he used to work high up for Carnival and knows all the big wigs pretty well. He has some connections with the owners of a really fancy hotel in Grand Cayman. But anyway...he just "ship hops" all year round. He was with us on the Paradise for about 4 months and he used to always be around chatting to people n stuff. He left us for the Legend for another 4 months but i have no idea where he went from then, but he said hhe hasnt been on land for more than 3 weeks for years! and oh yeah...he wasnt a poor man lo

Just got off the Conquest Sunday and I dont know if this applies but there was a pigeon onboard.. He was always up on the Lido deck.. I got a picture of him in one of the sunchairs.. he always hung out around the tables.. One of the workers told us that he had been on the ship for 3 weeks... He looked really fat, so I think he got onboard and liked the food and is now too fat to fly off!! :D Always saw people feeding him pieces of hamburgers and french fries... I say he's a permanent fixture..

We had the pleasure of lounging with that same pigeon the week of Feb 20-27 - he had a band on one leg and one of our waiters said he had been there a week or two...

I have pics of him too..he lounged on lounge chairs or under them. too funny:p

WOW...that would sure beat the nursing home...

Maid service, food on demand, plus really cool places to see and cheaper to boot??? I wonder if I can include "resident cruising" as a line-item thing in my living will? Where do I sign up???

..somewhere on this site I beleive---But I emailed to all my cruise buddies and they are in !!!:D

AN ALTERNATIVE RETIREMENT HOME

There will be no nursing home in my future.........

When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a cruise ship.

The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on reservations and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day.

That leaves $65 a day for:

1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.

2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the restaurant, or I can have

room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed every day of the

week).

3. Cruise ships have as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, washers and

dryers, and shows every night.

4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.

5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips will

have the entire staff scrambling to help you.

6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.

7. TV. broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress

replaced? No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your

inconvenience.

8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask for them.

9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare. If you fall and break a hip on the cruise ship they will upgrade you to a suite for the rest

of your life.

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want to go? They have a

ship ready to go.

So don't look for me in a nursing home, just call ship to shore.

P.S. And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side at

no charge. __________________

Betty

http://www.BROCKSTOCK.com

Archived