Dolphin Swim

PamTroop179

Just booked a RCCL cruise which goes to Nassau. Our 10 year old is begging to go swimming with the dolphins. My TA said that she has heard that the Bahamas are known as the place to swim in the wild for "free" with the dolphins. She could offer no additional information other than customers have said this in the past. TA recommended that I contact RC to inquire about this. Ha like they will tell me the truth ;) They'll want their fee for a dolphin swim tour.

Anyway, I have never been to the Bahamas and have not seen any reference about natural dolphin swimming areas in guidebooks. Any suggestions??

Sailing RC Sovereign of the Seas on Monday 10/24/05 then WDW.

Some years ago, there was a group that took folks out to literally swim in the ocean with dolphins in the wild. (I think this was out of freeport). The tour was not free, but the dolphins were (as in, they were not penned in). I haven't heard anything about this eco-tour in quite some time.

The link above is currently the only dolphin encounter available from Nassau. It not free, nor are the dolphins.

Archived