Lanyard question

We will be taking our first cruise on the Allure in July. I have read about taking a lanyard and hole punch to keep hold of one's sea pass.

I had a couple of questions:

Do all family members need one? Kids too?

Do you recommend one where you punch a hole and clip the card on at the end OR one that has a card holder at the end to put the pass in?

Do you recommend the cloth/nylon about 3/4 - 1" wide??

Thank you!!

We will be taking our first cruise on the Allure in July. I have read about taking a lanyard and hole punch to keep hold of one's sea pass.

Do you recommend one where you punch a hole and clip the card on at the end OR one that has a card holder at the end to put the pass in?

Thank you!!

Each family member has their own sea pass card, so depending on the ages of your children they would probably need their own lanyard to hold their card. I saw a lot of younger kids (probably age 5?) that had their own.

I had Guest Services punch a hole in my sea pass card with the intent of looping it onto the lanyard that I already bought, but I never actually bothered to use it. Often times you need your drivers license as well as your sea pass, so the lanyards with the plastic card holders seemed a lot more handy.

As far as style/size, I think it's all up to you! Do remember though that you'll be wearing it the majority of the time. Next time I think I'll go with something like this...

http://shop.advanceweb.com/images/products/2006/GI/Special_Gifts/lanyards_ids/02732_HoliBeadLanyard_GI/02732_HoliBeadLd_GI_ac.jpg

Thank you!!

I recommend using a lanyard. Kids and all.

If you take your Sea Pass to Guest Services they will punch a hole in it for you. No reason to take a hole punch. That helps ensure you don't punch a hole in the data strip or ruin the card.

Only problem with a cloth lanyard is getting it wet.

Oh and another thought,

If you don't have a chance to buy one before the cruise, one of the shops on the Allure had some really cute ones for sale for a pretty decent price.

"Do you recommend one where you punch a hole and clip the card on at the end OR one that has a card holder at the end to put the pass in?"

If you are talking about a plastic sleeve at the end of the lanyard, remember that your sea pass is also your room key. It would be inconvenient to always have to slip it out of a case.

If your children are going to the adventure ocean program they give them a lanyard for the kids when you check in. I had a lanyard that I bought from the cruise critic store -online. It had a clip on the end of it that clipped into the hole they punched very nicely. I wore it all the time except on formal nights when it didn't really go with what I was wearing so I threw it in my purse, because it had a lanyard on it it was easy to find in my purse!

Archived