TA Back to back questions

eratog2

I am hoping to book a B2B Transatlantic for next June on Queen Mary 2, starting from Southampton, and have one or two questions (although I'm sure there will be more before the time comes). I will be travelling alone (older single lady), and will initially be flying in from Cyprus, but unsure on transfers to the ship. Has anyone used the transfer from Gatwick to Pier, and if so, when did it leave Gatwick? On arrival at New York I know we have to disembark for immigration, but how long do we stay in New York, and do Cunard organise any excursions into New York itself. I went to the Caribbean from NY last November, and on our return we had a tour around New York before being taken to the airport. Anybody know if they do a similar thing but returning to the ship? I would be grateful for any help - still trying to decide whether to book . . . . .:)

I am hoping to book a B2B Transatlantic for next June on Queen Mary 2, starting from Southampton, and have one or two questions (although I'm sure there will be more before the time comes). I will be travelling alone (older single lady), and will initially be flying in from Cyprus, but unsure on transfers to the ship. Has anyone used the transfer from Gatwick to Pier, and if so, when did it leave Gatwick? On arrival at New York I know we have to disembark for immigration, but how long do we stay in New York, and do Cunard organise any excursions into New York itself. I went to the Caribbean from NY last November, and on our return we had a tour around New York before being taken to the airport. Anybody know if they do a similar thing but returning to the ship? I would be grateful for any help - still trying to decide whether to book . . . . .:)

The answers to your questions are Yes to all, in NYC docking is at 7am and she sails at 5pm. As for timing of transfers they will leave in time for arrival at the dock at about 1pm so I would think departing about 11am. There is a train that goes direct from LGW to Southampton, every hour and it takes a couple of hours.

Thanks Capn Pugwash. In New York is it Brooklyn or Manhattan for docking on the back to back - sorry all these questions, but it's a big decision to make

It's USUALLY Brooklyn, although sometimes another ship is booked for Brooklyn and QM2 will then go to Manhattan.

Here's a link to the Brooklyn cruise schedule:

http://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com/cruise-calendar.html

I think that page also has links to the Manhattan schedule. If the crossing you look at is not listed on the Brooklyn schedule, check the Manhattan schedule to be sure.

Roy

Archived