Star has no outdoor dining area?

rmartin1286

Does the Star not have an outdoor dining area? Maybe I'm a little late on discovering this, but at comparing the Star's dining options to the Pearl's I realized that there is no Great Outdoors area listed on the Star. Does that mean there is no aft eating area? And if no aft eating area, is there anywhere to eat outside on this ship? I didn't notice this when I booked my cruise. Not a huge deal but I do enjoy overlooking the ocean at breakfast.

Does the Star not have an outdoor dining area? Maybe I'm a little late on discovering this, but at comparing the Star's dining options to the Pearl's I realized that there is no Great Outdoors area listed on the Star. Does that mean there is no aft eating area? And if no aft eating area, is there anywhere to eat outside on this ship? I didn't notice this when I booked my cruise. Not a huge deal but I do enjoy overlooking the ocean at breakfast.

The Dawn is the same way. A different class of ship. There are tables outside by the pool. Unless you have a balcony, that may be your only option.

We love the G.O. too but don't let that ruin your trip. :)

There isn't a Great Outdoors, like on the Pearl, but there are lots of tables on the pool deck, where you can be right by a window. It is under cover, yet out in the open, so it does get cool on the Alaska cruises.

You know, breakfast on the balcony wouldn't be that bad of an idea now that you mention it :D This is my first balcony is years (parents always payed for my cabin until I got married, this is the first time I could afford it!) and I plan on spending as much time as possible out there! I will miss the Great Outdoors though.

If there isn't a Great Outdoors, is there a pool grill?

You know, breakfast on the balcony wouldn't be that bad of an idea now that you mention it :D This is my first balcony is years (parents always payed for my cabin until I got married, this is the first time I could afford it!) and I plan on spending as much time as possible out there! I will miss the Great Outdoors though.

If there isn't a Great Outdoors, is there a pool grill?

The Star has a grill in the pool area. They make geat omelets and waffles there in the mornings as well as burgers and hotdogs at lunchtime.

No but I hope they add a Moderno before our cruise next Jan. I'm wondering if this is something they would do without a drydock.

It's not slated on their dining chart for 2011. The other ships that are getting it state "coming in 2011"

Martin1286, As some have stated above the pool area is the outside dining area on the Star and similar ships. Usually in the morning they will also have a breakfast line outside near the bar area so you can go there for your breakfast and not have to go into the buffet area. I have used that area on almost all my NCL trips as it is well covered yet the freshness of being outside. They also serve other meals in the pool deck area but usually it is more sandwich & burgers and similar items than the full buffet menu for lunch, similar to what you can get in the aft eating areas aboard some ships. I was on the Star in Nov. and it was a great trip, I hope you enjoy yours.

Archived