Flying to Alaska a week before my cruise for work.... EEK

jrdbrn

So I found out I am flying to Alaska a week before my cruise and am flying back to Louisiana the Saturday before my cruise, which departs on Monday. It was a last minute decision by management for me to go... I am freaking out! I've never been to Alaska, but I am assuming in the summer months, nothing could go wrong?!

What do if I get stuck? I have the option to fly to Mexico to meet the boat? I'm thinking if it comes to that, it won't be worth it since half the trip will be cover :-\

Bah!

So I found out I am flying to Alaska a week before my cruise and am flying back to Louisiana the Saturday before my cruise, which departs on Monday. It was a last minute decision by management for me to go... I am freaking out! I've never been to Alaska, but I am assuming in the summer months, nothing could go wrong?!

What do if I get stuck? I have the option to fly to Mexico to meet the boat? I'm thinking if it comes to that, it won't be worth it since half the trip will be cover :-\

Bah!

You'll be fine. I just found out that I need to be in Alabama for three days of meetings next week (Monday through Wednesday). Then I'm leaving on my cruise Thursday morning. The good thing is that I get to drive to the port.

I live in Alaska. . . Anchorage specifically. If you are flying in and out of Anchorage you should be OK. The only thing that has shut our airport down in the last several years has been a volcano. If you are flying in and out of some of the smaller airports in the state you could be weather dependant. . . but it is less likely in the Summer.

I wouldn't worry with an extra day cushion you should have no problems. I travel before trips all the time since I fly somewhere everyday and although I have given thought to the potential issues I have never been overly concerned. I have also flown to Alaska dozens of times and in the summer there are so many flight options everyday that you should have no problems.

Take carry on luggage.

The one time we flew out of Anchorage the luggage belt system jammed up. We had to wait several hours to check in because of this.

Yeah, it could've happened in any airport, but..............

Archived