Triumph - where is the best area to relax

we are going on our first cruise this nov - and after reading a thread on 'chari hogs' it got me worried that we won't find a good spot to relax. is there a less crowded area - my son and i are both redheads - so we DO NOT want to sit in the sun and burn - but would love to find a spot on one of the decks where it's shaded (if they have those).

Secondly - since I'm one of the EVIL smokers everyone complains about - is there a section on one of the decks where i can smoke, drink and relax??? please dont' lecture me about my smoking.

Lido deck, one side I believe will stay smoking and one side non smoking. There are tables and chairs in the shade where I like to sit.

If you look for the doors going outside from the deck where the atrium is, right aft of the pursers desk, on both sides of the ship, you can go out there and there are a few lounge chairs. I dont understand if you can smoke there or not, but quiet.

There are always chairs up above the main pool where you can get a lounge chair in the sun .. the fighting is about the few chairs right by the main pool, but there are tons of chairs never used on the deck above. .. mostly in the sun.

Aft there is a pool and its mostly covered, quiet area to sit without being in the ac. I doubt you can smoke here as its sort of covered and the pizza and bar and 24/7 ice cream is back there.

the aft pool area where there is a bar on the starbord side you can smoke, mostly adult area no live music and relaxing most of the time. plus pizza and burger station as well as icecream machine the other thing is that you get a full aft view with the wake and everything we like sitting there and reading, you can also get a lounge chair if early the chair hogs seem to go for the center of the lido more so than the aft. you will enjoy the cruise. we are going on July 4 and can't wait second time on her woo hoo

If you look for the doors going outside from the deck where the atrium is, right aft of the pursers desk, on both sides of the ship, you can go out there and there are a few lounge chairs. I dont understand if you can smoke there or not, but quiet.

This was my main spot when I was on the Triumph back in March. I think you can smoke on one side but not the other just like on the Lido, but I didn't find it to be very well marked.

I've got some pictures of the different lounging areas in My Review.

Deck three I agree!

Deck chairs are in the shade right off the atrium.

It is a lovely place to read, look out at the sea and nap.

It is where the quiet folks hang out.:)

You may need to step into the atrium and get drinks from the bar as I have not seen a bar waiter come out there often.

The bar is not far anyway.

The catch is that one side is smoking and one side is not.

One side will be shaded and one side will not.

But there may be shade on the side you want and there is a lovely breeze.

Plus you can often actually hear the water.

A really secluded deck is all the way forward on the Lido. Go all the way forward thru the cabin halls. There will be a door with a small glass window. Go thru it and directly thru the next one. The deck has few people, except for when leaving port, but even then not crowded. There are benches and a few lounge chairs. You can also go up the stairs to another similar deck.

I was there in April. The best place I could find that was shaded was actually on the main floor where guess services are.(I think that is floor 3 or 4) If you go out any of the side doors, there are chairs and such. You are closer to the water but it is shaded under there and quiet. I had burned myself really good on the Lido deck so I was trying to stay away from the sun. It is a really nice place. check it out.

Archived