Oasis: Do you have to prepay when booking dining options?

Hi all - First time RCI cruiser, first time on Oasis, and through my TA booking I was given a free 'dinner for two' at one of the restaurants (excluding 150 Park Place).

I was going to schedule dinner for us at Chops online, but when I try to do that, it seems like they want my credit card. I would have thought that I could just make the reservation and my sail card would be charged at the time we ate (just like any other transaction on the boat). Is that not the case? Do I need to provide my CC just to make this reservation? I'll do that if I have to, but at the end of the day I don't want my CC charged when we'll have a voucher for dinner there.

I suppose the same question would hold true for a spa treatment, which we also received as an incentive.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Keep in mind that you will also be charged at 150 Central Park when you dine. We did the wine pairing hence the additional $$, but as a foodie, I'd have to say that 150 was actually better than the Chef's Table. It was outstanding and worth every shilling.

Archived