jamaican money

kellig

You pay Phil cash after the tour. :)

As far as the local vendors, they will also take US Cash. We made a point to get some Jamaican Dollars just for souveneir purposes. $1 US Dollar will give you a Jamaican $50 Dollar bill..we brought these back for friends and family and they really enjoyed that.

Most of the Jamaican vendors prefer US currency. Since this is what you are used to buying things with I'd suggest you use that rather than trying to figure out what equals what.

For large purchases always use a credit card so if you have any problems they can assist you.

Be sure to bring plenty of one dollar bills for tips, taxis etc. Its amazing how many cab drivers that have been working all day just cant make change for that twenty and you end up tipping them really, really big.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

I gave the Dunns River Falls guys $5.00 total for 2 of us. Mary Poppins (as we liked to call him because he carried an umbrella) pretty much let us go. I fell a couple of time and wound up helping a lot of people when the guides should have been there. The only reason I even tipped him was to keep him away from our group as I didn't want any harrassments on the bus.

Yeah, I felt bad for the people I helped. They were older and one guy was a big guy like me but didn't have the mobility I do. He was really struggling. When a 300 lb guy can't get up a big step, who's going to help him? a 120 lb Mary Poppins or another 300 lb guy?

I went to change it out and I can't save anything as an avatar. Apparently, this is becoming an issue with others as well. I don't want to use the CC avatars because I just don't like them. So it's an avatar strike until they fix the custom feature!! :D

Archived