Alsaka price higher than on line?

MarieAtSea

I am looking into Saffire next summer 6/23/12. The ta has our "discounted" price (we have a group) higher than the Princess on line price. 2399.00 for a mini suite (cat AC) rear of ship on Dolphin deck. I don't see any lower mini-suites. Also, am I right where it seems Alaska is much more for the cruise than the Carribean? I just want to make sure I am given the right price.

Thanks!

I would check with other TA's, as if the price you are being given is actually higher than the Princess price, no way that should happen. Whether booking with a TA individually or with a group, you should never be paying anywhere near the price on the Princess website, always lower.

As for the cost of Alaska vs the Caribbean, yes, the prices are normally higher for Alaska then they are for sailing in the Caribbean.

I would check with other TA's, as if the price you are being given is actually higher than the Princess price, no way that should happen. Whether booking with a TA individually or with a group, you should never be paying anywhere near the price on the Princess website, always lower.

As for the cost of Alaska vs the Caribbean, yes, the prices are normally higher for Alaska then they are for sailing in the Caribbean.

I agree. Any price from a TA that is higher than the Princess website price is "questionable" as that is the highest price you could pay. It's the equivalent of the published manufacturer's retail price vs. buying from Walmart, Target or Amazon. :)

Alaska has very high port fees and state-mandated cruise passenger fees (non-cruise tourists aren't subject to the same fees) and because of this, several ships from different cruise lines have been removed from the market. This means that there is less availability and thus higher pricing. In the future, if more ships are deployed to Alaska, prices will come down but that's at least two years away. Cruise lines usually plan schedules two years in advance so expect prices for Alaska to continue to be relatively high.

thanks.. I checked it out. I was looking at the wrong week. My cruise is in "season" so the price is correct. Got a discount for having a group.

Alaska is more than the carribean due to competition.

I am booked and ready to go.... in a year....

Archived