Storing luggage in San Juan

daleb85

We will be arriving in San Juan the evening before the TA in April. We would like to do some sightseeing but need to do something with our luggage. I'm sure we can check in at the pier but what about our carry-on? Is there somewhere to check it but still have to available to carry-on? We could, of course, check it with our other luggage but that prevents having swim suit and other things with us. What to do???

You could probably arrange to have it stored at the hotel until you decide to go to the ship. Might be a good idea to call the hotel beforehand and ask. Most hotels in cruise port originations will hold onto your luggage after check-out for a while. Go sight-seeing, then pick up your luggage and head out for the T/A. Only drawback may be if you have to backtrack for a long distance to get back to the hotel after sightseeing.

Captain Ronn

There is a restaurant in OSJ that will temporarily store luggage. Called Barachina. The place that invented the Pina Colada. They don't charge but do accept tips and there is a bit of expectation you might eat there. We stored our bags there post-cruise due to late flight but I suppose it could work in reverse if you want to tour OSJ area. Especially if late sailing. But best bet is probably with the hotel. And do allow plenty of time to get to ship - traffic can get gridlocked pretty quickly, especially in Old San Juan.

I'm not sure I would give Barrachina my carry on. Depends on what's in it. They just shove bags in a room. Nobody really watches them. If you do "check" a carry on, I'd still keep medications, jewelry & electronics.

Archived